return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Technics Static???
View this Thread in Original format
zizack
I just bought my MKII last week, and love it so far. I have one question though...Everytime I turn it on, and I have the mixer channel I have assigned for it on, there is always an annoying background static. The records play fine, but the static is always in the background, and pretty loud. but when I touch the actual turntable, or the platter, or any part of the TT, the static goes away. All I have to do is touch it with my fingertip, and it goes away. I couldn't even begin to assume what the problem is. Thanks for any help.
Zack
DjJade
check the grounding.
zizack
quote:
Originally posted by DjJade
check the grounding.

??????
DjJade
you know the little black wires that come out of your tables with the forked ends? those are grounding cables. if you have static like that its most likely becuase your tabels are not correctly grounded with your mixer. or it may be because your house has crappy wiring but im sure its just that your grounding is messed up

i think...
Tiger777
ya, you should have 3 wired coming out of your tt
2 for the audio and 1 ground. the ground wire is U shaped and should be connected to an input at the back of your mixer...
Biz:erk
Yeah it takes static electricity to Earth!!! LoL I learnt that in physics. Got a GCSE exam on tue just revisin LoL!!!:D
Tiger777
I had exams about electricity too, but, that was last year :haha:
Back then, my grades were still good for physics... but now :whip: :whip:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement