return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Progressive and House,,,,,,What are they?
View this Thread in Original format
Trance-Aqua
Was just wondering, what type of rhytm or special/ type of music is progressive and house exactly ???

I know theyr enot far from trance but im sick of pretending like i know what people talking about when i dont. Can some one please explain those two ??

Thanx in advance.
Dj_ExOn
, im a proghead and I cant even explain it!

What i know is that progressive house is built up gradually with
sounds that kicks in at certain points of the song.

Ie; Basekick and a snare maybe a synthsound of some sort.
Then the hi hat gets introduced and then the percussion etc etc till its full of life and driving sounds.

House spawned from disco so ordinary house and latino house still has that as a core.

Progressive doesn't..

Someone can explain this better i hope!
:toothless
butterfly
house is more bass driven than trance. IMO, house has more soul. trance tends to be much more melodic and uplifiting, but i think the basslines are less intracite.

prog is more of a style of djing, i think. you can have progressive trance or progressive house or progressive breaks... a prog set takes you fromo ne point to another. in all honesty, any good set should do that but i guess prog tends to build in momentum more.
DJ Chrono
Progressive has a stronger emphasis on the percussion and bass elements in a song. it is also alot lower-key in my opinion, meaning its not as energetic. the songs are always slower than regular trance, at around 130 bpm. alot of people find progressive boring. tribal is also a close relative to progressive, as they share many of the same characteristics, but with added bongos/congas.

You can sample all the newest progressive, tribal, and house tracks at www.releaserecords.com

Listening to it is the best way to understand.
Trance-Aqua
Ok thanx alot peoples, it was a rough i dea i had but you have brightened it up, DJ Chrono thanx alot to yyou as well and i will take yr advice and go through few sets to get it in 2 me. Thanx again all.
butterfly
my best advice is to GO OUT and hear it for yourself.
Trance-Aqua
well i have heard hard house and that getss abit boring same thing going over and over again increadibly fast, but im planing on going to few nightvlubs here that play abit of prog and to see if its the go.

But with al honesty i love melodic trance when it sounds so sweet that you feel like you are on a space journey :) Somethign different every now and then. But liek peeps say, you never know if you never go, so prog here i come :)
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-Aqua
well i have heard hard house and that getss abit boring same thing going over and over again increadibly fast, but im planing on going to few nightvlubs here that play abit of prog and to see if its the go.

But with al honesty i love melodic trance when it sounds so sweet that you feel like you are on a space journey :) Somethign different every now and then. But liek peeps say, you never know if you never go, so prog here i come :)

try soulful house.
mr_smidge
This is progressive:

And this is house:

I'm sooo not funny.
JohnSmith
nope. not funny at all.

on an unrelated note, i have cloned myself! another agent smith!

*cracks neck*

Progressive has been pretty well explained here, i suggest you go download some sasha sets and you will understand what progressive is. I recommend his EM it's wicked. (actually i think he has a couple, and i am not sure which one, but i bet they are all wicked)

mr_smidge
quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith
on an unrelated note, i have cloned myself! another agent smith!

*cracks neck*

Why, what a handsome avatar you have..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement