return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Frequently Asked Questions / Tutorials / How do I?

How can I download the files on the web?
View this Thread in Original format
charlypowa
That's just the matter, when downloading a song it asks 4 a pw to access the ftp. What should I do to download the songs on the web? Please help me!!! :)
jonsimmonds
if its a ftp where your downloading the files from you will need some ftp software (aka ftp client) the one i use is http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

in the ftp software there will be space to enter in the server adress and user & password :)
charlypowa
Thanx Jonsim, but I guess that's not the problem. I'm talking about right this web. It's supposed you only gotta left click on the link & download. And there's where the pw is requested. Anyways I have flashfxp and cuteftp. The problem's just to know how to download the files posted on THIS web, tranceaddict, on the singles section.
jonsimmonds
do you mean your trying to download the music on the tranceaddict downloads bit? if so there shouldnt be no password set, if it is tranceaddict do reply sayin what files requast a password
charlypowa
OK, step by step. I choose the song i want and left click on "download" and thn click on save target as. then automatically DAP opens and starts to download the file. And then a window pops up with the following:
Authentication required
Site: pvd.tranceaddict.com
Username:_____________
Password:_____________

That's the pw i'm asking for. If that shouldn't happen please tell me what to do then. Anyways now i'm downloading the files on the web fron kazaa.
jonsimmonds
for starters at the top of the downlods page theres something saying DAP is banned, as is all download accelators, try downloading the file just using internet explorer

[edit] the bit about download accelaters is gone, but they are banned as they can cause instability on the servers when people use them so try downloading the file without DAP[/edit]
BigDil
Here you are:
quote:
from the download page
Right-Click on DOWNLOAD and pick Save Target As
( do NOT left-click!! )

so just disable download managers and all that smarty crap. ;)
Dr. Cfire
dude you suck at the internet
Scorpio Rising
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cfire
dude you suck at the internet

I was waiting for this :p
Dr. Cfire
Of course someone had to say it. I just got there first
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement