return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Just thought I'd vent...
View this Thread in Original format
Turbonium
I build by new comp, and boot it up, and after a few technical glitches and 2 hours later, it finally boots up... to whaT?!?!?! A frigging command prompt!!!!!! like this!!:

Microsoft Windows 98 blablabla...

C:/>

Looks like those chumps at the comp store sold me a used drive as a new OEM one. Those frigging bastards, seriously. Explains why 2 of the 6 screwholes on it were worn out from the start, and I thought I had ruined them, but this explains it, it's a used POS.

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
serp
take it the feck back! you could probably prove that it wasnt new by the creation dates on the windows system files! etc! :D
Turbonium
Man, I just realized teh mobo I got of them was used too. I'm taking my comp apart right now to take the parts back, but I'm SO F-ING PISSED. It's doing nothing but wearing out my beautiful Lian-Li case :whip:

Bastards, I'm going to give them on Monday. I'm even taking back the DVD-ROm I got off them, new or used, I don't give a . And I'm demanding boxed products in exchange for the OEM hard drive and DVD-ROM, as I cannot trust them.
KilldaDJ
bring down the boys and start a rumble in the store
Turbonium
maybe I should...

it turns out once u remove the heatsink fan, u have to get a new thermal compound, etc. and clean the remaining thermalcompound off the CPU itself withr ubbing alcohol. I dont want to risk ruining the chip. I thought of demanding they give me a new boxed one in exchange for the one I have now (which works perfectly as it is, pretty much new). I don't know if that's pushing it though... Technically, it's their fault this happened, so why should I pay for it by risking destroying my CPU and having to get a new thermal compound?

btw I decided to keep the DVD-ROM, it's new, so...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement