return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
requiem for a dream
View this Thread in Original format
daffodil
so i've mentioned this several times and never gotten much of a response: what do you all see in this movie? i know some of you call it a favorite and extol it's magnificence. i never thought it was going to be a nice movie, that's not my problem with it. i just want to know what y'all like so much about it.
OrZonE
It's a unique and an original movie. The camera work in itself is very thought out (the splitting of the screen). The way the story about addiction is told, that of the mother, and the heroin addiction of the rest. The movie really shows the bad side of life and literally took me on a journey as I watched it. I find this movie to be very emotional, the acting superb and the story development top notch. Especially the last 15 minutes or so :eyes:.
SpykeChyld
The story itself is amazing. Each season the camera work speeds up and gets more eratic the more ed up the lives get. The camera is awesome, ffrom the split screens to the veiws to the doing of drugs. Speaking of the drugs, ever notice how each character does more of different things? The chick does alot of coke in here little drug taking shots. Shows more lines as it goes too. Details like that make this movie incredible. The first time I watched it I just sat there and stared at the creditsthen the black screen for a long time trying to take in what I had seen. I felt like I had just gone on a journey, as Orzone said.

Deffinatly one of my top 3 movies.
predictor
i didnt understand it :(
TwoPlow
Amazing movie. The camera work is just incredible. Going along with everyone else yet again, but everyone else said how I feel about it. The camera work helps portray the storyline in a very effective way, and the story itself is very powerful.
bassaholix
It portrays reality in different views with each actor, but it all leads to the same ending... too much of a good thing is not bad...

its powerful, its moving and its real...
BonGWateR
Personally, I felt a strong connection with almost every character in this movie. I could see different parts of my personality in all of them, and some parts of me that are never expressed showed up in them too. I think it's a movie about the people that we could have become had we made a few decisions differently along the way. Maybe not for everyone, but for me for sure. I felt like it was the story of my life in a different dimension. These were ordinary people who just fell victim to their demons and somehow didn't notice it happening until it was too late. I also loved how it was filmed. Combined with the music, the choppy repeating frames, and the superb casting, this movie is absolutely stellar IMO. It gets better every time.;)
TrAnCe CoNtRoL
the stark reality of the movie is amazing. the music also can't be matched. it fits the movie so perfectly its unbelievable. the actors and actresses do an unbelievable job. as mentioned the camera work is phenominal. i just love movies like it, and this is one of my top movies all time, along with david lynch's mulholland drive and lost highway. donnie darko also. those are my kind of movies.
sykadelik
This movie tops the charts in my personal most disturbing films of all time. Need to see the other film by the same guy - pi.
Grahf
hehe, I was pretty stoned the first time I saw Requiem; suffice to say it completely blew me away. Under such an influence, the movie became a gut-wrenching emotional journey into the depths of my psyche. As the movie laid bare the hopes and dreams of each of the characters, I was forced to look inside myself and do the same. It was not pleasant, but I like to think that it made me a stronger person in the end. Someday I'll have to see it sober, and reconcile myself with the experience.

As for Pi, it is almost as good as Requiem, though it is more of an intellectual mind rather than an emotional one. I suppose you could say it makes you think, instead of making you cry.

Pi has a great soundtrack too! Most of it is IDM, Drum and Bass, and Ambient, but it's all quality. Aphex Twin, Autechre, Banco de Gaia, etc.

whiskers
it's not as much the story/plot/message about drugs/dreams, but the way it takes you in, twists you, and slams you on the ground...
werd, the last 15 minutes you just sit there without breathing and can't take your eyes off the screen
JayKuE
a lot of ppl didnt like this movie as they found it that depressing.
but what makes a movie brilliant? what is the purpose of plot/cinematography/acting etc. to invoke emotion, and ultimately, it does that. pretty damn well too, and lets be honest, its not so very often a movie is able to throttle you by the neck and do that to u. what adds further credibility is that the issues/circumstances are real. they exist and are not just fictitious fantasies evolved from the mind.

i'm too lazy to say any more
definitely 5 stars here.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement