return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > User Feedback > tranceaddict Picks Discussion > Live Sets

Pages: [1] 2 
Armin Van Buuren - Live at ID&T (06-15-01)
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
... Comments ...
Prophylon
Apart from the very start this is an excellent set, imho Armin is a -very- good DJ. The more I hear his work the more I begin to appriciate his skill. Rocked the place at the opening of the second <> (too bad I had to leave long before he was done =/) and last weekend at Mystery Land he was good too. Picks his records very well, mostly stuff you don't hear so often/haven't heard before.

/cheer Armin van Buuren

Prophylon.
Speedy2k
Is it me or in the very beginning, maybe the first 30seconds or so... there is some beatmatching problems.
shompton
It's definatley not you. If that was Armin mixing in the first 30 seconds, it sounds like maybe when he took over or started he didn't know the fader wasn't all the way over or something. At any rate, it's most definatley a -up and it blemishes what is otherwise a pretty good mix.
Japex
It might be some lame ID&T DJ trying to beatmix the previous set with Armin's, but he doesn't exactly handle it well, now does he?

I'm seriously thinking of cutting out the part before Exhale really kicks in, cause that "beatmix" ruins the first few tracks of the set :confused:

Japex :eek:
Speedy2k
Yep that's what I did. I just split up the mix into two parts. I cut out the first 50seconds.
Eugene
Nothing earth-shattering here.

This is a decent mix, allright for clubs and a little boring for home listening. Not as uplifting as I'd like, and a bit repetitive.
6/10

It's interesting to note that there's a big difference between what Armin van Buuren plays as a DJ and what he writes as an author. As an author he's known for such "easy-to-swallow" uplifting hits as "Communication" and "Exhale." What he spins in his sets, though, is more progressive.
Belzebutt
Anyone else having trouble getting this? The link won't work for me at all...
visitor
quote:
Originally posted by Belzebutt
Anyone else having trouble getting this? The link won't work for me at all...

link is still down !!!!
:mad:
lilbean
it doesn't work for me either.. been trying for several days.. del just tells me it's cuz the server is busy, but... for 4 days in a row, of trying every hour?

Cosmo K
Hmm, the link worked for me today, so...

About the beatmixing, it's the Radio DJ that can't mix for his life! You can also hear it at the end of the set. Kinda shame, but hey, it's taken from radio...can't do much about it.

I believe the radio DJ would be using CD's, so the hickup might be from the transition from the studio CD player to a turntable setup...
There should be a distinguishing start to a set I reckon, so that unknowing people out there realise when the 'good' DJ is playing.

Haha, once saw this guy who played commercial one night, and Klubbheads were gonna perform later on. After they had done their set, the geezer started playing Vengaboys! :p
bluE_Neon
interesting mix, pretty good, i found it better dan da other 1's, i rated 9/10, really good mixing, nice beats :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement