return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Frequently Asked Questions / Tutorials / How do I?

Pages: [1] 2 
What does dust do to your computer?
View this Thread in Original format
RWC0412
Can you guys let me know what dust does to your computer? Obviously it s it up and what not? but I have one main specific problem,,,
Ok when i am listening to music every once in a while it sounds like the sound has a default in it, almost like a scratch on a cd would sound,,, now is there anyway that dust can get right on the disk surface and do this to it? if not,,, what would make my songs do this?
And its happenes to all my songs so its not just one file
jonsimmonds
dust wont get into your harddrive, harddrives are sealed to be air tight,if even 1 spec of dust made it into your drive then it could potentially cause the drive to fail
Tranex02
yea....

it could be because of several factors.... maybe the rip is bad...
or maybe it's your speakers/earphones...
RWC0412
quote:
Originally posted by jonsimmonds
dust wont get into your harddrive, harddrives are sealed to be air tight,if even 1 spec of dust made it into your drive then it could potentially cause the drive to fail

Wow thank you so much! That answers alot :),,,, ok so any reason why it makes that high pitched noise now?Hmmmmmm?
Dr. Cfire
There is a good chance that dust got into the audio cable conectors either inside or outside the case. Dust will cause a static like noise.
jonsimmonds
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cfire
There is a good chance that dust got into the audio cable conectors either inside or outside the case. Dust will cause a static like noise.

imm curious to how dust in a audio conector can cause static...

RXW0412, can u list you computer specs (cpu/ram/hardrive/etc) and what software your playing the music with? does this just happen with mp3's or if you play a audio cd in your cd-rom?

Hve you tried a differnt set of headphones/earphones like Tranex02 suggested?
icedale
A recent HD Defrag may have caused it.
RWC0412
quote:

RXW0412, can u list you computer specs (cpu/ram/hardrive/etc) and what software your playing the music with? does this just happen with mp3's or if you play a audio cd in your cd-rom?

Hve you tried a differnt set of headphones/earphones like Tranex02 suggested?

Ok my computer is a pentium 4 2.4 GHZ, 512 mb ram, 80 gig hd..
I am using Winamp to play the music, but the weird thing is, that it never did this before until lately!?
This happens with any kind of audio,,, cd or mp3 doesnt matter,,

I am not using my same speakers which I think should be ok? there just a set of monsoon's..

:) thanks for the help!
jonsimmonds
if its happening with audio cd's it could either be a issue with the soundcard drivers, or the soundcard its self.

do you know what soundcard it is?
RWC0412
quote:

do you know what soundcard it is?

Its a Soundblaster Audigy 2

ASOT100
quote:
Originally posted by RWC0412
Its a Soundblaster Audigy 2

u have the latest drivers?
RWC0412