return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Anyone who knows about NYC.....
View this Thread in Original format
Helta
Hey Guys,
Let me explain. I'm heading off on a 7 day holiday to New York in just under two weeks time (leaving on Aug 2nd). I'm from England. The last time I went to the states was when I was 12 (I'm 19 now), and that was to California. So I'm obviously super excited to be going again, and to see New York.
I've only got 7 days, so I want to try and pack lots in.

But I was wondering if any of you guys who live in, or know about New York could give me the lowdown on where I MUST go.
I mean, I know of all the obvious attractions, Empire State, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Central Park.
But I'm after some lesser known places. Like clothes or music or even book shops. Just nice places you guys think It's worthwhile visiting.

Also, I take it the age of drinking and getting into bars and stuff is 21? I can kinda pass for 21, but is it worth me trying to get by? Are they strict? I know it's a bit dodgy to be breaking laws in foreign countries. And i'm not desperate to drink, just to see some different bars/clubs.

Anyway, Cheers in advance for replies.

Helta :P
politicsofdancin
well, for shopping , you are in the right place...you can check out soho, they have cool shops there all the designers like armani, kenneth cole, etc etc...they also have some cool trendy shops like yellow rat bastard lol...lower east side you can find cool , hip restaurants and bars...midtown are the chic lounges...sorry to say that the clubs are really strict with id's sorry :( but if you say you can pass for 21 then i would suggest to go to the village and get some FAKE ID LOL and yes the village is another place you can check out.....

ps there is a thread in the nyc forum where peeps put some places and things to do in nyc

have fun and be safe, if you are here the weekend of aug 22-28, i dont know if you are into paul van dyke, but he is having a concert in central park...you can check that out too, plus on the 22nd you can check out NU NRG AT ARC....try to get that fake id though, that is a must
butterfly
pm me or IM me or MSG me. also, do a search on this topic in the new york forum cause there have been a lot of people who have asked this.

to go out, you'll either need a fake ID or stick to 18+ clubs on weekends. weeknights you can get in places without an ID if you go the right places at the right time.

there are a lot of shops. let me know what you are into and i can give you some ideas.

when are you coming? if you are here for PVD and NuNRG you are all set... we are also doing a TA party the 9th in brooklyn.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement