return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Can anybody help me with sound forge 5?
View this Thread in Original format
TRANCEMAN25
Can anybody tell me the best settings for compressing and then the best settings for equlising my finished track?
do u do these both only once or can u compress the track a coulple of times and eq a couple of times with different settings?
please help and i may even offer u software for your trouble!
Thanx in advance
DJ Paul W
quote:
Originally posted by TRANCEMAN25
Can anybody tell me the best settings for compressing and then the best settings for equlising my finished track?
do u do these both only once or can u compress the track a coulple of times and eq a couple of times with different settings?
please help and i may even offer u software for your trouble!
Thanx in advance
Stay away from this feller , he only post when he wants to trade Software , looks a bit suss to me may be the software police .
TRANCEMAN25
I understand your thinking but i only want somebody to help me with this and thats why i offered software
i have traded with other members on here and like everybody else i dont have much cash so i swap
Anyway i just wanna make it in the music world and have better things to do with my time than chase people for swapping software
NZWaverider
Hi tranceman25, just ignore him. Does this sound like words of wisdom from some one who has only got 15 posts (DJ Paul W)

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...15&pagenumber=1
NZWaverider
Hi tranceman25, just ignore him. Does this sound like words of wisdom from some one who has only got 15 posts (DJ Paul W)

check out this thread and you will see what i mean!!!!!!!!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...15&pagenumber=1

now about sound forge, i recorded my first track two days ago so i don't know much, but i am sure that you use sound forge just to record then you use cooledit to edit the recording then you use a ripper to encode it to mp3, use razor lame it's the best for encoding,
cheers
NZWaverider
i hate when that happens (posts before i finnished.....)naughty TA
Anheuser
I don't feel that any one setting will work with any track, I think you have treat each track differently, unless all your songs sound really similar. I've tried to fix a track after I rendered it (mixed it) by compressing and eq'ing it but it became very frustrating. For example, I'd lower the highs to get rid of the 'shrillness' and the track sounded flat or too bass heavy. I feel it's better to do any major changes at the source. I can't say I'm an expert when it comes to mastering, I'm still learning. I don't really understand what all the settings do in the soundforge compressor, but I'm liking the ME Compressor (by Steinberg). It's a multiband compressor that's part of ME Tools (a DirectX and VST plugin). ME = Mastering Edition. It's much more intuitive in that you can adjust the levels of different bands just like an EQ, instead of messing around with the Attack, threshold etc. as in the soundforge compressor. I think it's best just to use your ears (and the ears of anyone else willing to help) and compare the way your track sounds to some professionally produced tracks. Test out your tracks on different sound system (eg. your car) and adjust the sound as required. I recently got some decent studio monitors after many ppl told me that mastering shouldn't be done on anything but these type of speakers (flat response nearfield monitors). My Hi-fi speakers were probably 'colouring' the sound. I think the monitors are helping since my tracks are starting to sound decent on other stereos now. :)
NZWaverider
Yeah with any type of sound adjustment, it's very difficult to get a good result. My Car audio has a 21 band DSP EQ, and i hooked it up to a RTA (real time analiser).
what it does, is it produces a constant volume (sounds like static) of every frequency from 20hz to 20khz, and measures the response in real time.
the desired result is a flat response which means that every frequency is being reproduced accurately.
but i tell ya, man it is soo hard trying to tune it as soon as you move one frequency it will move another, in a completely different frequency they are all interrelated.
but the one thing i learned is that minor adjustments are best, it is soo easy to over compensate in one frequency and then try to correct it with changing another frequency, and before you know it youv'e stuffed up the whole sound completely.
try Cooledit, i just used it to boost the levels of a 2hr set i recorded and it worked well, having an eq is much easier to see the results, than using compression functions(coz i don't know how).
Cheers
and comparing it to other tracks, and the original. you can only equalise soo much, if the trax is originally bad don't expect miricles

ps less is more:eek: :eek: :eek:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement