return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

CDJ20 problem
View this Thread in Original format
Tim_G
Hey,

Okay, I recently purchased the Gemini CDJ20 and it came in the mail today. I plugged the thing in and hooked it all up. Well, I put in a normal CD and it plays perfectly fine. But when I put in a CDR it loads it then skips. I tried several CDR's and they all skip during the song. I even tried burning on a different CDR and now that type of brand wont even load. Has anyone encountered any problems like this? Should I call Gemini and have it replaced? Could it be defective or is this how this CD player works. Only reads "real" cds. lol Any help is appreciated.
IKKI-ZUVK
Send it back, That's not normal I'm sure it's something wrong with it !
Sorry
Stasis
I have a Gemini CDJ-20, and it reads CD-Rs, so I bet you have a defective device.

Also, I should add that I had to have my first CDJ-20 replaced (for a very similar skipping problem) 3 times because each time they sent a replacement, the replacement was also defective. Hence, I'm on my 4th CDJ-20.

I now have a fully functional CDJ-20 that reads CD-Rs just fine, so they are out there, somewhere.
Tim_G
Hmm okay. I contacted the place where I got it from and they are replacing it. Hopefully this fixes it.
Oh, Stasis, what does the date say on the backside of yours? Mine says November 2002. Just wondering.
Stasis
Hey Tim,

I have one CDJ-20 that has never been replaced and is dated at August 2000, and I have the other one (the 3rd replacement) that is dated at September 2001.
Tim_G
Interesting. You would think the newer ones would be fixed :) Okay, it's being sent back. Thanks
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement