return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
10 bucks/hour to go to church?
View this Thread in Original format
{b.s.e.}
I was just watching CNN and happened to listen in on one minister Caldwell describing how he will pay you ten dollars an hour out of his own pocket to go to Thursday (thursday??) mass. Apparently there is a significantly high ratio of black people to white people in the church and he would like to even it out.... whaaaat?

My first notion was "why don't you donate all that silly money to the poor, or needy? Possibly a shelter for abused women, or single parent families?" but i guess middle class families don't make enough money during the week, so they need a second income from the Lord... but i though he was broke??
whiskers
i'd go
DaveSaenz
"In god we trust" right? ;) :toothless
{b.s.e.}
Mister_Michel
Thats not enough to listen to that crap! :whip:
DaveSaenz
quote:
Originally posted by Mister_Michel
Thats not enough to listen to that crap! :whip:

True. It's not! :stongue: :haha: :toothless

It sucks growing up in a religious family because they try to force you to believe the way they do. I stopped going to church @ 13 or so, and I'm soooooooo glad.:D

-edit- I can't spell for . :stongue:
torontotrance
10 bucks to go to church

i'd turn around and give the money to the poor or some charity

heck...I go to church because i want to
occrider
$10 to sleep??? Sign me up!
bassaholix
quote:
Originally posted by {b.s.e.}

my thoughts exactly.... if he has to pay ppl to come to him mass.. then he's not doing his job properly...

Sounds like uni students payin other ppl to do their assignments...
Magimaster
I go to church of my own free will on Saturday afternoons.

Hell, I've been giving $1-$2 every other week to the collection for the past few months now.

I would gladly go if someone pays me to.

NiteKiD
quote:
Originally posted by {b.s.e.}
Apparently there is a significantly high ratio of black people to white people in the church and he would like to even it out.... whaaaat?

so hed only pay white people to go?
davinox
think about it, that's 10 bucks AND head from a priest

what a deal i'm goin'.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement