return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Difference Between Effects and Filters?
View this Thread in Original format
VaNFeCto
Dont mean to sound like a dork but Im finally getting my tables, and for a good deal I think,

Tables: 2 Technics MK II'S
Mixer: Stanton sk-2f
Needles: 2 Stanton Trackmaster II's
100 Recs (only about 30 Worth keepin)
Technics Bag

all this for 700 dollars, I think its a deal I may be wrong though,
but neway I want a new mixer and was thinking about the Pioneer DJM-600, but then my friends have the Numark PPDO1, then theres this Stanton VRM-10, and was I was wondering out of these is better, and I was reading the Stanton thread and someone said its whether you like Effects or Filters, and I was wondering what are the two and what is the difference. I thinkI have a grasp of effects but now Im not sure, sould neone enlighten? Thanx in advance.
b i n k u n
Effects: reverb, flanger, delay, etc. all that stuff done on the right-hand bottom side of the djm-600.

Filters: Eqs, the stuff above each channel fader on most mixers.

:)
DjJade
filters are usually different from eqs though they can be used like eqs

there are usually high pass, low pass, and band pass. [those are self explanitory rite?] so you switch one on and you can turn the frequency knob to select what the cut off frequencies are and how much you want that cut to resonate. you can play with its different settings to create effects or you can use it to mix more smoothly.

effects are just canned...digital effects that you can mess with. usually they are timed which is why theres a beat counter.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement