return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Mdr 700! I die
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Nacht
I just bought Mdr700 headphones from Moog Audio for 250$ and the sound is so toyt! Now all I need is a mixer and some speakers and vinyls :wtf:
DJDan-B
Nice stuff... :D

Get the DJM-600 :)
Dj Nacht
I was concidering buying that but I allways need 2 double check with my boss Zing:toothless
I asked the guy how much a plain normal Dj table from them was and he said 200+ :whip: wtf? I can build the exact same thing out of wood for free and take a crayon and write Vestax.

Forgot to ask this... does anyone know how I can set up the stuff in windows XP to maximise my headphones sound quality and stuff? im using SBLive Soundcard
DJDan-B
In order to maximise sound quality you have to make sure:

That your SBLive is able to provide enough power to satisfy your headphones. We are not talking maximum power, actually normal power, where distortions will be minimum. I, personally don't think your SBLive has enough "efficient" power to deliver good quality to your headphones, therefore you may need something to boost the signal, a mixer for example.

Second point to check what is your headphones impeadence and what is the inpeadnce of the sound card's output. They shoud match (in the best case) or be very close. The higher the difference, the more power you loose. (Impeadence = resistance... in other words.. in ohms)

And i dont think it has anything to do with your operating system. Give it a try! :D
discojoe
I tried the sony's dj headphones with a sound blaster live and it was terrible. not nearly enough output and the bass was distorted. bleh
DJDan-B
quote:
Originally posted by discojoe
I tried the sony's dj headphones with a sound blaster live and it was terrible. not nearly enough output and the bass was distorted. bleh

A clear sign of "not enough current" or impeadence missmatch. :toocool:
j@y
you should not buy expensive sony's

sony's headphone is kinda cheap so many people complain about they break so easely

you should buy stanton's dj's pro 2000 s the sound is better and are built to last
EldamRy
250$ ??!!!!

I got mine for 177.33$ shipped at my door

www.etronics.com
Dj Tribal Jedi
I don't know how many times I got to tell people this. the DJM-600. Get the DJM-3000. Newer model, more effects, everything the 600 has and more. but most importantly, depending were u buy it, at least $500 dollars cheaper. I have bin spinning for 2 years now, my buddy who has been djing for around 7 years now has a DJM-600, but when he saw my and used my DJM-3000 and liked it way more. When I told him what I paid for it he freaked. Just something to consider Nacht if your looking at DJM's.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement