return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

How do I stop spam e-mail "RE: Thank you" and "RE: Your resume" from clogging my
View this Thread in Original format
Eugene
I've been getting a lot of these infected emails
especially today.
jploveparade
get yourself one account for registration to forums etc and one private account for friends :)
GrimReaper
Yes, multiple email accounts are suitable nowadays. I have 4 of them, of which i mostly use 3. One for the "cyber" friends aka TA universe, one for work stuff, one for close friends and local ppl. Something like that should be done if you want to have better working email system.

There are also softwares for filtering spams but the good ones are shareware and cost quite alot, unless you are an evil person and will crack them. :disbelief
DaveSaenz
I've also been getting those infected emails on my tranceaddict account, so I know what you're talking about. I'll ask swamper about it, but I don't know that he can do anything. Yes, I also have 4 email accounts. One I always forget to check though...
Swamper
TranceAddict.net email accounts are handled by Everyone.net - and they can't do anything about those emails either - oh well.
xtr3m
You can easily stop most of the spam by adding a simple rule/filter to your email program: do not receive mail that doesn't contain your adress in TO: or CC: lines.
DigiNut
I've also been able to stop A LOT of spam that doesn't get blocked by the above, by maintaining a blacklist of "TO" and "CC" addresses.

Like, if you look at the spam you get, you'll notice that a ton of it has a couple of extra addresses in it, most likely ones that are alphabetically close to yours on the same server... block those addresses, and you'll block the spam.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement