return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Need Health Help!
View this Thread in Original format
DJYaNiK
If you can't tell by my signature, I'm a volunteer firefighter. Last night, we had night 2 of our "department operations" over at the Old Bethpage Nassau County Fire Academy. Our task was to stop a fire inside a "taxpayer" (A type of building), BUT, it was spread in other stores, since the buildings were set up like a stripmall. We did 2 evolutions (Put fire 1 out. Another fire relit. Put fire 2 out). During the first one, I was assigned to "ladder operations" as well as "outside venting". Turns up, I breathed in a lot of smoke, since I wasn't wearing my Scott Pack SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)... Now, the right part of my chest is aching like a bitch. I'm not sure if I should consult with a doctor now...

Any help on what I should do and what could help ease the pain is greatly appreciated.

By the way, the other firefighters that were assigned to the same duties as me weren't wearing Scott Packs either.
jonsimmonds
Play it safe and either see the fire station doctor (if there is one) or a regular doctor, better safe than sorry
DJYaNiK
quote:
Originally posted by jonsimmonds
Play it safe and either see the fire station doctor (if there is one) or a regular doctor, better safe than sorry

We're a Volunteer Firefighter/EMS service. Chances are, I'm going to see one of the EMT's today. Hopefully, I'll be better by tomorrow. I want to be full of energy for PVD, tomorrow afternoon :D
Omegasox
Yup, I agree. Any sort of pains after inhalation of smoke should be checked out. If it's not really affecting your normal activity, then it shouldn't be a big deal and will probably dissipate throughout the week but better safe than sorry as Jon said.
Streakfury
quote:
Originally posted by Omegasox
Yup, I agree. Any sort of pains after inhalation of smoke should be checked out. If it's not really affecting your normal activity, then it shouldn't be a big deal and will probably dissipate throughout the week but better safe than sorry as Jon said.

And if all else fails, wear your Scott Packs!

I dont want to be hearing that you've got some nasty infection in a couple of days!

:)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement