return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
I plan to learn some (about 3) languages soon and want some suggestions on software..
View this Thread in Original format
ali92
Is the software supplied by http://www.alphasoft.cc/ good? Has anyone learned a good deal of a language out of their software? If so, which languages did you learn and how was the experience? Just for your information, the languages I plan to learn are:

1. Dutch
2. Spanish
3. Vietnamese
4. Unknown (yet)

I listed them in the order of usefulness. I'd need to know some Dutch first, as I plan to go to the Netherlands in the near-future. I want to know Spanish because it's partially in my genes. To me, Vietnamese is a rather interesting language and I have some friends who are Vietnamese (/me would love to know what they are speaking of! LOL!). I plan to visit Vietnamese and the rest of Asia at a point unforeseen in the future.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, thanks very much!
Mister_Michel
quote:
Originally posted by ali92
Is the software supplied by http://www.alphasoft.cc/ good? Has anyone learned a good deal of a language out of their software? If so, which languages did you learn and how was the experience? Just for your information, the languages I plan to learn are:

1. Dutch
2. Spanish
3. Vietnamese
4. Unknown (yet)

I listed them in the order of usefulness. I'd need to know some Dutch first, as I plan to go to the Netherlands in the near-future. I want to know Spanish because it's partially in my genes. To me, Vietnamese is a rather interesting language and I have some friends who are Vietnamese (/me would love to know what they are speaking of! LOL!). I plan to visit Vietnamese and the rest of Asia at a point unforeseen in the future.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, thanks very much!

Amai, ge zult wreed veel moete blokke als ge die drie talen wilt lere zenne!
SportTrance
well if youre really asking for the right direction, its not through any software.

Spend a couple years in the countries, thats the best way you'll learn. Never under estimate the power of slang and style, otherwise you'll be labled as the by the book speaker, and it'll literally determine your relationship with the locals. Going into foreign countries now days can be a hostile experience, especially if youre an american.

Just some advice.:)
ali92
quote:
Originally posted by SportTrance
well if youre really asking for the right direction, its not through any software.

Spend a couple years in the countries, thats the best way you'll learn. Never under estimate the power of slang and style, otherwise you'll be labled as the by the book speaker, and it'll literally determine your relationship with the locals. Going into foreign countries now days can be a hostile experience, especially if youre an american.

Just some advice.:)

100%. The ultimate best way to learn is being fully immersed in the environment. I know that software will only START me in the language. But, isn't it good to have and use good grammar, anyway? That's what employers look for. People usually see you as well educated if you use good grammar and have a good vocabulary. I see what you mean by the slang issue but, I don't use slang that much in English anyway and I'm labeled as a decently-educated person! Well, I'm from the US so, what types of "hostile" experiences will await me if I visit the Netherlands? Spain? Vietnam? Japan?

I pretty much was looking for the right direction in the best software to get me "initialised" to the language. I apologise if I mis-worded the question.

Thanks, again!
ali92
quote:
Originally posted by Mister_Michel
Amai, ge zult wreed veel moete blokke als ge die drie talen wilt lere zenne!

I don't KNOW the language yet. LOL! You may have misunderstood it or maybe I mis-worded it? Dutch is what I WANT to learn first, not what I HAVE learned first! :-)
DrUg_Tit0
quote:
Originally posted by ali92
100%. The ultimate best way to learn is being fully immersed in the environment. I know that software will only START me in the language. But, isn't it good to have and use good grammar, anyway? That's what employers look for. People usually see you as well educated if you use good grammar and have a good vocabulary. I see what you mean by the slang issue but, I don't use slang that much in English anyway and I'm labeled as a decently-educated person! Well, I'm from the US so, what types of "hostile" experiences will await me if I visit the Netherlands? Spain? Vietnam? Japan?

I pretty much was looking for the right direction in the best software to get me "initialised" to the language. I apologise if I mis-worded the question.

Thanks, again!

I don't think anything bad would happen to you just because you're an american. The only thing you shouldn't do is act arrogant or paranoid, what many americans now do when they go outside of the US.
Clyde77
man good luck. let me know if you're intersten with filipino :toothless

im free to teach ya. but it woould cost you $25/hr:toothless :toothless :toothless :wtf:
ali92
quote:
Originally posted by DrUg_Tit0
I don't think anything bad would happen to you just because you're an american. The only thing you shouldn't do is act arrogant or paranoid, what many americans now do when they go outside of the US.

I'm not arrogant or try to force people to do anything they do not wish to do. I'm actually obsessed with different languages/cultures/etc.! I'm addicted to doing things the way most people who aren't from the US do them.
ali92
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde77
man good luck. let me know if you're intersten with filipino :toothless

im free to teach ya. but it woould cost you $25/hr:toothless :toothless :toothless :wtf:

Isn't it actually TAGALOG (sp?), which is one of the official languages of the Phillipines (sp?) that turns out to be the most widely spoken there as well?
DJYaNiK
You should learn Russian.

ali92
quote:
Originally posted by DJYaNiK
You should learn Russian.

I don't plan on learning it anytime soon... What made you say Russian anyway?
EriK_V
learn grammar, it's important. If not, you'll get owned. I working on my third language too. Mad hard to learn 3 if you ask me
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement