return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Computer Monitor buying help
View this Thread in Original format
TeKnoHe@d2025
I'm looking for a new monitor for my computer and right now I have my eyes set on the NEC FE791SB.

Click for info

Does anyone have a NEC monitor or any experieces with them? I'm only looking to spend $200 USD on one because I'm on a limited budget after building my new computer. I'm looking primarily for a good monitor for gaming and watching DVDs. Any other suggestions? I'd like to upgrade to 19" but my computer desk has a hutch and there is only 18" I have to work with height wise. :confused:
MrSquirrel
I personally never really liked the NEC monitors I have used. But it has been several years since I used them so they may be better now.

I have a total flat ViewSonic 19" and I think it is great. (short of the no 85Hz 1600x1200 support). I would personally recommend a ViewSonic or a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi tubes have always been very nice.

Sony's are good but overpriced.....is why I got the ViewSonic, was cheaper and had a 3 year warranty.

Hope this helps,

MrS
TeKnoHe@d2025
NEC-Mitsubishi are the same company I believe. Originally I was going to get a Viewsonic too, but after reading online reviews I kinda drifted away from them. I agree that Sony monitors are nice, but like you stated: overpriced.

I sort of want to go with a flatscreen this time as well.
fastmp3
Samsung SyncMaster ??
BTG
I have a 19 NEC MultiSync 97F *shrug*

its pretty good, but i'm pretty sure this post is pointless, much like the rest of my posts.
YonOid
Hey, these are great monitors. We sold a lot of these when I used to work at futureshop. Mitsubishi and nec is essentially the same company. The color is great and it has excellent refresh rates. The aperture grill it uses is very similar to the trinitron technology that sony uses. These are $249.99 canadian on futureshops website and I think I saw a refurbished one for $179. I'd go with he black case though, the bleaches/white one looks kinda ghetto. Hope this helps!
TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by YonOid
I'd go with he black case though, the bleaches/white one looks kinda ghetto. Hope this helps!

Yeah, I'm definately going with black. My tower is aluminum but I've been able to balance the rest of my parts out to incorporate a black monitor. I've got the Logitech Cordless MX700 duo (keyboard and mouse), and the Lexmark X5150 4in1 printer...both of which are black and silver. Plus, to top it off: my black Klipsh ProMedia 5.1 speakers. So overall it should look like an expensive setup (lol, who am I kidding...it was pretty expensive :p)
TeKnoHe@d2025
*bump* Some more opinions please?
MOSCHINO
Go to www.surplusvillage.com and get yourself a refub. monitor. Why buy new. MONITORS DON"T BREAK.
TeKnoHe@d2025
Bah, they don't have anything good in 17" @ that Surplus place. :(

quote:
Originally posted by MOSCHINO
Go to www.surplusvillage.com and get yourself a refub. monitor. Why buy new. MONITORS DON"T BREAK.

actually they do. both moire and colors are getting worse along the years. for a true enthusiast if using a crt monitor you should change every 3-4 years if you use it 8+ ours aday.

TeKnoHe@d2025, you can buy nec with a good consciene, they make high class monitors today. often found high up in various tests etc.

(i myself use iiyamas)

and hey do yourself a favor and get a tv-out card for wathcing dvds on your tv instead of the monitor. will enrichen the experience 100 fold.
El~ZaPo
I've had the NEC AccuSync 95F (19" flat) for over 2 years and it's been great the whole time. Recommended.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement