return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

> Grey BPM.104 Beat-Counter
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Chrono
I'm not sure if there's been a post on this already (cant be bothered to search) but this little BPM counter seems really usefull. Especially for those starting out mixing, and are having problems with beat matching.

Check it out

http://www.greybpm.com/
Tiger777
no no no! Beatcounters are wrong. VERY wrong, especially for beginners. DESTROY THE BPM COUNTERS!!! :D
DJ Chrono
i disagree. using a beatcounter can help you at the beggining, kind of like training wheels. but eventually you have to stop using it of course.
Rememberence_
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777
no no no! Beatcounters are wrong. VERY wrong, especially for beginners. DESTROY THE BPM COUNTERS!!! :D

I agree! nooooooooooooooo!! :nervous: :tongue2
IKKI-ZUVK
DO NOT USE IT !
I have the behringer mixer 300 and as you probably know they come with a BPM well I put some dock tape over it, so my advice will be to PUT DOCK TAPE OVER IT
Rememberence_
lmfao @ the idea of buying a stand alone beat counter and then covering it with tape in a fit of rage
TwiloNYC
It's Duct tape, not Dock. ;)
DJ-Fuq
Beat counters r for 2 reasons.

1 They never get the speed anywhere near right
2 To be useful, not only would it have to be very very accurate (which is impossible), it would have to have at least 3 decimal places.
Endlesswave
Never used beat counters. Only while mixing on the comp and even then, I found that it didn't really do anything because I learnt by watching a bar while using Traktor. Then when I got decks, I just got used to matching the tracks (it came naturally and I have a good ear...). I say do not use them even if you are a beginning, if you are having trouble beatmatching, than just measure the beat of the main track playing in your head (how fast it's going) and then switch over to the one you are cueing up...) should be easy to tell which is faster or slower, then you adjust accordingly...;)
TwiloNYC
I think using the heaphone output as the input is a big design flaw. You can only read 1 ch at a time and you need to set the HP cue to 1 channel @ a time to find its BPM.

IKKI-ZUVK
quote:
Originally posted by TwiloNYC
It's Duct tape, not Dock. ;)

Americans :crazy: :crazy:
You're cool :haha:
Rememberence_
quote:
Originally posted by IKKI-ZUVK
Americans :crazy: :crazy:
You're cool :haha:

ROFL. :haha: