return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Cheap direct drive
View this Thread in Original format
Zayatz
any tips? DAP T-2000 is pretty cheap...but DAP hasn't even its own homepage.
Jellow
that DAP is an OEM product,which means its a standard design and more companys put their name on it.
I have the JBsystems Q30,which is the same as the reeloop and akiyama and DAP series containing a 3 :)

That TT is one step higher than the one u mentioned,and it rocks :D
Lots of functions,strong motor,good arm,and a technics layout.
Tiger777
cheap direct drive...
the reloop RP2000
for 210€

the RP4000 for about 260€

JB-systems Q20
200€

JB-systems Q30
250€

But, I don't recommend ANY of these TT's. If you buy cheap decks new, you'll lose ALOT of money when in a few months, you'll see that you've outgrown the ty decks. The motor won't be strong enough.
JohnSmith
ah, time to bust out the old whytogettechs.txt file:

Here is the reason that you should get technics 1200SL decks:

one of two things is going to happen when you get your technics. Either:

a) you will love them, and decided that you are loving DJ and you never want to stop. In this case, you are in a great position. You have the same deck as almost every club in the world, and every DJ in the world. You will never need to upgrade your decks, and you know that they will last literally DECADES if you take care of them.

OR

b) you will decided DJing is not for you, and decide to sell your decks. In this case, you will probabally be able to sell them for about as much as you bought them for, and maybe even more. Just take a look on www.ebay.com and watch how many bidders are after a set of tech12s, and you will quickly realize how valuable these decks are.

So, there is is, get technics, it's win-win situation.

Then, there is another option. You can get cheaper, lower quality decks. in that case, the same two things can happen:

a) you love DJing, but are frustrated that your decks don't hold pitch, have no torque, skip like a schoolgirl, have as many breakdowns as a set of oakenfolds from '99, vibrate near any sound source, or whatever else. or even just that they don't feel the same as the decks at clubs and raves, so you learn on yours at home, then try to beatmatch on techs in front of a crowd and get tomatoes thrown at you. in anycase, you'll be wanting to sell these decks. problem being, nobody is going to want to buy them. if you can sell them, i can almost guarantee you won't get what you paid for them. most likely, they will collect dust in your attic or basement, or be sold for a pittance to some wannabe DJ who doesn't know any better.

OR

b) you hate DJing. In this case, you will want to sell your tables, and will encounter the same problems as in point a. It could even be that you hate DJing just cuz you had crappy tables. (don't give up till you try a pair of tech12s, for me that was the closer, i just loved the feeling)

so, crappy decks, it's a lose-lose situation.

now, there are a few more things to think of. everything that is not a tech12 is not neccesarily a crappy deck! there are others that have just as high torque, low wow and flutter, good insulation from vibration etc. these include the Numark TTX-1 (and NUMARK TT-200, the same motor and build, but without the fancy display), the stanton STR-100 and STR8-100, and higher end gemini and vestax models.

However, NONE of these tables can boast the reputation of techs for longtime durability, simply because they haven't been around that long. and most cost almost as much as technics anyway.

overall, in choosing a DJ deck, i think technics are your best bet. Numark TTX1 is a close second, but i won't be buying one for another 3 or more years, when i start hearing about their reliability. Stanton are pretty good too.

Above all don't even CONSIDER buying belt drive decks.
Jellow
thrust me,this table (Not the Q20,but the Q30 version) Wont skip,wont make much sounds,has pretty high torque (especially for that price!),it has a stable pitch..and so on

if u cant afford technics this is a good alternative.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement