return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Dateq XTC, CAn you guys tell me about it?
View this Thread in Original format
Seany_G
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a new mixer. I had it nailed down to the Behringer VMX-300 or DJX 700, or possibly a vestax but I have seen Tiesto use this mixer a number of times. Whats the deal with it? What do you think? Where can I buy it?

Comments, opinions and suggestions are very welcome! :)

I think it's sooo sexy, but I have no idea where to find one? How does it copare to the behringers?

Thanks for your time.

~Seany G
DJ Tranz
quote:
Originally posted by Seany_G
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a new mixer. I had it nailed down to the Behringer VMX-300 or DJX 700, or possibly a vestax but I have seen Tiesto use this mixer a number of times. Whats the deal with it? What do you think? Where can I buy it?

Comments, opinions and suggestions are very welcome! :)

I think it's sooo sexy, but I have no idea where to find one? How does it copare to the behringers?

Thanks for your time.

~Seany G

I believe that ONLY Holland Residents are able to buy Datec Mixers, no one outside the country is able to. Go for the DJX700.
Dateqs are very good mixers, Armin Van Buuren also has one in his studio(Armind/Armada Label)

DJ-booth:
2 Technics SL1200mk2
1 Pioneer CDJ1000
1 Pioneer CDJ1000mk2
Dateq XTC mixer

Cheers...
djskylz
I found some sites wich do deliver the dateq in other countries then the netherlands. german webshop. And i can tell you one thing: this thing is way better then the beringer, check some specs only. And Dateq is making mixers for a while, i have seen some mixers ages 20 years or more. Those things still work without problems! I had the XTC, but bought a larger dateq mixer (had more to connect then 3 line devices). Once i accidently connected a cd-player on to the phono in, listened a few seconds and then pulled the plugs op, noticing what was wrong. That phono input survived.

Those things are build for life, and i the stories i heard from behringer mixers is that they aren't that durable.

Greetz Maarten

Btw, the price is +/- $700
djskylz
I just remembered something: Dateq makes 230 Volt mixers, and i don't think it will work on 110V
Tiger777
110 - 220 converters are (relatively) quite expensive...
http://www.houseof220.com/st65gu.htm

65W should be MOORE than enough.
DJ Tranz
quote:
Originally posted by djskylz
I found some sites wich do deliver the dateq in other countries then the netherlands. german webshop. And i can tell you one thing: this thing is way better then the beringer, check some specs only. And Dateq is making mixers for a while, i have seen some mixers ages 20 years or more. Those things still work without problems! I had the XTC, but bought a larger dateq mixer (had more to connect then 3 line devices). Once i accidently connected a cd-player on to the phono in, listened a few seconds and then pulled the plugs op, noticing what was wrong. That phono input survived.

Those things are build for life, and i the stories i heard from behringer mixers is that they aren't that durable.

Greetz Maarten

Btw, the price is +/- $700

699.00 Euro ~ USD $785.00

Wonder if Dateq has changed their policy about shipping/selling outside of Holland.
veezee
i think they are ugly..

my opinion..

Jay
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement