return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

technical turntable help....
View this Thread in Original format
PVD fanatic
u know i've been dj'ing almost a year now, and i am still to understand 2 things about my turntable:

1) How do I know how "high" the arm should rise...as in the large circle that you twist beneath the arm, that raises everything up and down....

2) Besides how heavy the needles pushes on the record, what does the knob at the end of the arm regulate???

I've just figured out on my own, but wanted to know if I was missing out on some stuff, I should DEF. KNOW.

Thanks.
MERiDiAN5i2
set the height so the tonearm is parallel to the record with the needle on the record.

the weight on the back is a counterweight. it adjusts the amount of balance between the front and back of the tonearm across the pivot point.

set it so the tonearm w/ needle attached balances (hangs in mid air when you let go of it), then move the black piece w/ the numbers (but NOT the weight itself) to zero - now you've "balanced" your tonearm. then, move the weight forward so the dial is at the the correct number (see your cartridge instructions for this number)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement