return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Traktor recording
View this Thread in Original format
Scorpio Rising
I'm trying to record a mix using Traktor. My question:
When you make a mistake, do you have to start all over again or is there another way? (so just redo your last transition) I know there's a "redo" button, but I have no idea how that works. When I press it, it loads a totally different recording.

Also: what's the "cut" button fore?
IKKI-ZUVK
Mistake=F*cked
Sorry but you have to start all over again .
Rememberence_
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio Rising
I'm trying to record a mix using Traktor. My question:
When you make a mistake, do you have to start all over again or is there another way? (so just redo your last transition) I know there's a "redo" button, but I have no idea how that works. When I press it, it loads a totally different recording.

Also: what's the "cut" button fore?

I've been wondering about this for months too but haven't been bothered to figure it out.

quote:
Originally posted by IKKI-ZUVK
Mistake=F*cked
Sorry but you have to start all over again .

Are you sure mate? I really find this hard to believe... there are quite a few buttons that seem to be intended for editing your mix... what functions do they perform then?
tvmann
I think there is a way to fix up your mix, but I've only done one and haven't figured it out yet. If you replay your mix and then start playing with the mixer controls, you will see the DUB light will come on, and I think it's then over-writing your previous mix.
Scorpio Rising
quote:
Originally posted by tvmann
I think there is a way to fix up your mix, but I've only done one and haven't figured it out yet. If you replay your mix and then start playing with the mixer controls, you will see the DUB light will come on, and I think it's then over-writing your previous mix.

Yes that's right, but you can only play with the mixer, and not the cue-ing and syncronising of the tracks. There has to be another way
bent
As said b4, if you're playing back a recorded mix - you can adjust the mixer settings under "dub" mode .. it doesnt overwrite it afaik, but i reckon if u were recording AGAIN, whilst playing ur already recorded mix, that would make it so the changes you make to the mixer overwrite the old ones. With regard to fixing the beatmatching / changing cue points, i don't thats possible since when your in "play mix" mode, all the cue/pitch settings are shaded out and you can't access them.
noonboy
hey! that's cheating!

i begin to understand why mp3 djs doesn't get much credit....

myself, if i make mistakes, i start the mix all over again, just like if i was mixing analogy!

to answer your question, i dunno :rolleyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement