return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
CD Recommendations?
View this Thread in Original format
Galapidate
Ok, maybe this belongs in the Music Discussion, but I don't care :D

Anyway, my dad just recently signed me up w/ a Paypal account w/ his credit card (i.e. I now have infinite spending money) :D Anyway, what CDs would you all recommend that I buy? Preferably along the lines of trance, prog or techno. So far I have been collecting the GU, Northern Exposure and Bedrock series.
[ groovypants ]
No collection is complete without :

BT - Movements in Still Life
Hybrid - Wide Angle
Sasha - airdrawndagger

Other stuff:

Susumu Yokota - Sakura
Global Underground Electric Calm v1 and v2

:D

Also, Chemical Records have started to stock ALOT of trance CD albums. They also have thumbnails of the album cover, and I must say, the early Magik, ITWT, and Boundaries of Imagination CD covers have the most elegant designs I'd ever seen!!! Nice indeed :)
MrSquirrel
I like Tiesto's Nyana......2 cds.

Course I am new to this but I enjoy about 90% of the tracks.

MrS
TeKnoHe@d2025
Global Underground: Afterhours
Chilled Euphoria Mixed by Solar Stone
Magik 5, 6 & 7
DJ Tiesto presents In Search of Sunrise 3
torontotrance
quote:
Hybrid - Wide Angle

Buy WIDER ANGLE not wide angle

wider angle is 2cd basically wide angle and live angle (two sep. releases in one)

GU 013 is a MUST HAVE (Single greatest 2cd release from GU!) Sasha in Ibiza
GU 014 is a MUST HAVE (Also simply amazing, John Digweed in Hong Kong)...frankly I like it more than gu019 myself
GU015 = Darren Emerson in Uruguay...he goes thru house, disco, techno, tech house and some other genres....great listening.
GU024 = Nick Warren in Iceland = must have for cd 1...which is chill out and cd 2 is prog/prog trance and house...worth it alone for vector 13 - rise and rambiant - karma (van m/porter mix).

Coldcut - 70 Mins of DJ MADNESS

both ulrich schnauss cd's are must have

James Lavelle - GU 023 - Barcalona = MUST

Paul Oakenfold - GU 004 - Oslo = MUST

Suggestion for techno...if you can find it...I'm NOT a DJ (1995)...rare as if I remember....anyway..find it...fumiya tanaka mixed it

Dave Clarke - World Service (Get this if you do not have it...cd 1 is techno cd 2 = electro)...
Galapidate
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
Buy WIDER ANGLE not wide angle

wider angle is 2cd basically wide angle and live angle (two sep. releases in one)

GU 013 is a MUST HAVE (Single greatest 2cd release from GU!) Sasha in Ibiza
GU 014 is a MUST HAVE (Also simply amazing, John Digweed in Hong Kong)...frankly I like it more than gu019 myself
GU015 = Darren Emerson in Uruguay...he goes thru house, disco, techno, tech house and some other genres....great listening.
GU024 = Nick Warren in Iceland = must have for cd 1...which is chill out and cd 2 is prog/prog trance and house...worth it alone for vector 13 - rise and rambiant - karma (van m/porter mix).

Coldcut - 70 Mins of DJ MADNESS

both ulrich schnauss cd's are must have

James Lavelle - GU 023 - Barcalona = MUST

Paul Oakenfold - GU 004 - Oslo = MUST

Suggestion for techno...if you can find it...I'm NOT a DJ (1995)...rare as if I remember....anyway..find it...fumiya tanaka mixed it

Dave Clarke - World Service (Get this if you do not have it...cd 1 is techno cd 2 = electro)...

Like I said, I have been collecting the GUs and I am currently getting those. But thanks for the other recommendations :).
torontotrance
pm me if you want other suggestions....I have a huge library of music...rofl..so much in fact...I wish I could listen to more of my cd's.
arleetec
quote:
Originally posted by TeKnoHe@d2025
Global Underground: Afterhours
Chilled Euphoria Mixed by Solar Stone
Magik 5, 6 & 7
DJ Tiesto presents In Search of Sunrise 3

How are you gonna recommend the last 3 of the magik series and not any on the previous ones? Please include Magik 1,2,3 & 4
DaveSaenz
Yeah the early magiks, and ISOS 1-3

satoshi tomiie nubreed
American DJs- Markus Schulz
Danny Howells 24/7

(oops I said those last time hehe)
Galapidate
lol

TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by arleetec
How are you gonna recommend the last 3 of the magik series and not any on the previous ones? Please include Magik 1,2,3 & 4

Those are all I have, thus all I can recommend. :rolleyes: Can't recommend something that you haven't heard.
dj_moonshine
:stongue::stongue::stongue::stongue:dj danny d hitz z103.5, or maybe eurofreestyle invasion. :stongue::stongue: :stongue::stongue:

j/k, heres my reccommendations,,

global transmissions volume 1&2 -- F.CORSTEN

total euphoria ( get as many as u can ) - their mixed by dave pearce, matt darey, and alot of other dj's.)

pvd- global, out there and back, politics of dancing.

gatecrasher resident transmissions 1&2.

ministry of sound has lots of them, but mostly thier alot of commercial tracks but their good.

magik series' by tiesto

umm i cant think of any more right now, ill post more when i remember, good luck.
:)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement