return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia

GK brissy
View this Thread in Original format
morphee
OMG

Sydneysiders, dont whinge. We have ING UNREAL venues compared to what brissy offered their GK. It was more of the venue where youd catch john farnham, of frenzal rohmb....it was a like act place.

Anyway. The roadtrip up was fun, too much stuff here that you guys dont need to know about // wouldnt care about. Pissfarted around for 2 days, went to GK on sat. night.

M.I.K.E!!!! OMG, the man has this presence on the decks, ing unreal. I took Strange world to get signed, and waited alll night for him to drop it, so with 5 mins left of his set, he turned to his box one last time, and i jumped up on stage (anyone could, there were khandi guys stomping on stage aswell as scantly dressed attention whores doing backflips exposing what little unserwear they had on) and shouted to him "strange world!!!!" to which he replied "I tried earlier, my coppies scratched and I cant play it".....yet he refused to take my copy and finnish his set with it :( Did get it signed and had a chat to him. Apparently theres NO LIVE SET in sydney, he will be Djing, so i doubt ill be going to GK sydney, I thought he was playing live :( We did talk however, about the PUSH:LIVE 2004 world tour in April......opps, I think ive said too much ;)

MarcoV. Having to leave early sunday morning, we left about half way through Marcos set. Awseom from what I heard of it, very techy, big mixed bag of tracks.....including smells like freeland (!!??!!). Was a good set, again, jumped on stage and made some hand gestures to him about signing my rekid, and he said come around the back of the decks, so walked around behind the screen, had a chat to him, very nice bloke. Signed my copy of C:\del*.mp3, I wished him luck for the rest of his set, and I was off home.

All in all, good trip, too bad I didnt get to meet any brissy TAs, but met some friends off other music/dance related forums, Go the liquid massive ;)
one.tjc
did you end up going to the BBQ after it?

it was open decks -> im told it was good fun
morphee
yeah i heard it was cool, but i didnt go.Had to drive back down to sydney...
one.tjc
fun fun :-D

did you end up seeing BK playing?

cant beleive that they would pay him that much to play in brissy, yet stick him in the second room at a time.. :eek:
morphee
nah, BK was on the same tiem as MIKE, and hes not my thing, I ventured upstairs once, to tell my friends that Im going to stay downbstairs the rest of the night cause it was so

160bpm+ up there :(
one.tjc
hehehe BK doesnt usually go past the 150's

im going through hard house stage at the moment.. love his work
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement