return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Essential Record
View this Thread in Original format
Prodigy Child
just wondering what is the one record you play each time you mix?
or
for you DJs that play out, what is the one record you always have to have to either get the floor going or save your set?

and for you bedroom DJs what is the one record you nearly always have ti mix, just cos you love, or it helps make your set that much better?
danieldavid
Halogen vs. Vic - Fast Escape (Mesh Remix)
brian
For the past few months its been
Rafferty and Kershaw - We Are Connected (Marcos pres. Sunfire Remix)

The intro to it before the bass really starts banging can get you out of damn near anything. That's usually not why I include it though. Sometimes I'll use it to sort of transition from a harder point in the mix to a more trancey point, or vice-versa.
liquidmist2001
i must play these at least 2 of these three songs everytime i spin:

paul van dyk - for an angel
three drives - greece 2000 or carrera 2 (nu-nrg mix)
katana - silence

greece 2000 and silence go really well with each other, it's almost too easy with those two records...
rxt
avancada - money for nothing (overdrive)

great great great track for getting the dance floor moving :)
TwiloThunder
Medway - Release (Lexicon Avenue Remix)... Great tune that can be dropped in many different places in a set but will always rock it :)
DJ A.i
frank traxx - nebuchan(organ mix)... i dont know why but it always finds itself on my play list.
DJ M.G
quote:
Originally posted by brian
For the past few months its been
Rafferty and Kershaw - We Are Connected (Marcos pres. Sunfire Remix)

The intro to it before the bass really starts banging can get you out of damn near anything. That's usually not why I include it though. Sometimes I'll use it to sort of transition from a harder point in the mix to a more trancey point, or vice-versa.

Totally agree with that, and agree 100% with your words.

Also as liquidmist2001 said Katana - Fancy Fair

Usually play 1 or 2 trance tunes from 99 also
Ghostface
Accadia - Blind Visions (Club Mix)

Same as DJ A.i, just always finds its way in there. Easy to mix in and out of to.
liquidmist2001
quote:
Originally posted by DJ M.G Also as liquidmist2001 said Katana - Fancy Fair

hehe, i meant katana - silence (antic mix) if you haven't heard it you should.......

but fancy fair is also a damn good song, need to find it on 12", i just got katana - alesis/dulce vita yesterday, and found that they are both good songs to start with, kinda mellow, low in energy and then you can just rip into to something much much harder...

DJ M.G
Ive already got katana - silence
the antic mix is very nice to mix out of

alesis & dulce vita are good tunes as well
liquidmist2001
do you know by anychance who antic is?

cuz other songs by katana sound like the antic mix, like fancy fair and alesis....but i'm thinking they're two different people
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement