return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Official Review: AVB at GUV
View this Thread in Original format
'mju:zik
dEsidEL
i take it u weren't there ?
Resnick
quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
i take it u weren't there ?
\
i take it none of us were there :conf:
Durafei
WOW ! I guess I'm the first to write a real review !

Excellent party ! Guvernment wasn't that packed. Armin played a kick ass set(one of the few times when I've actually really enjoyed his set). He played some new track "Yet another Day Vs. Urban Train", or maybe it was him just mixing it on the fly, not sure. That was awesome though !

We left at 6 in order to save our energy for the PVD party.

Also I meet cool couple I've hanged out with while on my recent vacation in Cuba. Turns out they are into Trance as well, and even TAs.. I hope you guys are reading this! You rock !

Anyways, time to sleep.. PVD - tonight !
Swamper
Agreed - it was sick when that was played :)

but.. as always.. my night is complete when I hear Blue Fear. :crazy: :eyespop:
starsearcher
:D Well i just came back from "there" and i have some mixed reviews really...:rolleyes: Couple of strange points...was Armin scheduled to start at 3? And if he was, then why so late? As far as i remember when he played at the guvernment on his own every time before he started early around 1 or even 12:30 once.:conf: So either he was late or he was scheduled that late...either way it was kinda late. Which leads to another point...Mark Oliver played a pretty good set but he dropped 3 songs that were obviously songs that Armin will play. Traffic by Tiesto was most memorable for me but there were at least 2 other songs that were played twise, first time by Mark then by Armin...Generally it's not a big deal to me cause I loved it but found that slightly strange that Mark played the songs :rolleyes: Other than that though the night was pretty good. Armin's mixing was really excellent and you could tell he improved that aspect A LOT over the past 2 years or so. He opened his set with an AWESOME into song, but then for the next 30 minutes or so drifted into a strange territory that wasn't your regular Armin or what you'd expect from him. But after 45 minutes or so he came out and started dropping bombs left right and centre. Another thing that i found strange is that he continuously played songs over songs...and by that i mean vocals from other songs over tunes like "home" over blue fear, or his own "yet another day" over Tiesto's urban train...and of course andain's "summer calling" over mr. sam feat. fred baker - forever waiting...well you get the point there were more of course but can't remmember all the names...but overall the night was good I left a bit early cause i was exhausted and i'm getting some rest before tomorrow!:eyespop: PVD and DD yeah!:eyespop: Although my review seems a bit negative it really was an awesome show...great setup and great everything...Armin really seemed to be enjoying himself on the decks and the crowd was really into it...Cheers!
P.S.
I have pics and will post some later
Blex
I arrived at 3:30 in the am and stayed until we were booted out! Armin was amazing! I really enjoyed the Beautiful Things remix, stellar! That whole 30 minutes around 4:30 was so hype. Also the Burning Desires encore! ;)

Tatgirl, Eso, Ziggy, Loco, Az, you guys were the bomb. Always showin the love! :)

I'll see everyone tommorrow! Right now, I Like Sleep!

Peace
tatgirl
Ilyia- u were there???? Hope to run into u tonite.
Starsearcher- Mark Oliver has every right to play what he wants. Since Armin wasn't there during his set, he didnt know what Mark already dropped. It happens. No biggie- they were good songs anyways.
Highlights for me had to be hearing AVB drop Coast 2 Coast- "Home", "Urban Shakedown", & "Traffic".
Nice to see so many outta town TA's again! U guys rock!
JahSun
it was kool, my first time at guvy, i think i'll only go there for special events
oliver
Thanks for the support, Tatgirl!

Starsearcher:

Firstly, when did Armin play by himself? I've played with him every time he's been at the club and don't ever recall him spinning solo.

Secondly, how on earth do you expect me to know what a DJ playing AFTER me is planning to play? I don't have ESP. When opening for a producer/DJ, I always avoid playing any of his/her own tracks to avoid the possibility of songs being repeated. That's about all I can do.

And, finally, it was suggested to me two months ago that Armin close the night (which he does so well). Since I'm playing 6.5 hours tonight with PVD, it made sense for Armin and I to split the night in half. I don't think it would have been a good idea to have Armin play the first half, do you?

I don't like blowing my own trumpet, Starsearcher, but if I weren't hammering Armin's productions at The Guvernment years ago, he probably would never have played there and you may have had a Hip Hop DJ or Hanson at the club last night instead.

On a happier note, it was great to meet you last night, RJ and Graham!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanks for helping make my 7 year anniversary a momentous one.

Bring on PVD!
:tongue2

Mark

Tordan
quote:
Originally posted by oliver
I don't have ESP.

I think you do Mark. When I'm at guv or viva listening to your set and I think to myself, "oh, I wish he'd play *some track*", well, watcha know, you drop it and I go insane. :) Anywayz, hearing the same track being played twice in the same night ain't no crime. Se ya'll @ PVD.

/me does cartwheels
))the source((
Mark, you were great...as always.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement