return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Green Velvet attitude!
View this Thread in Original format
UnBracKo
It happened this last saturday's night at Palm Beach Club. It was the closing party "summer off" of this disco and the special Dj: Green Velvet. Well, many people came for see this guy and the surprise was when we didn't see Green Velvet anywhere. Then we heard that managers waited his arrival at the airport for long time and he didn't come. :whip: Also I've heard that is not the first time he does this and sometimes he appears for surprise of all the people.:eyes: This attitude sucks, no it's professional... I wish he lose all the prestigy he has as a dj. Many people pay for see this guy and he didn't come :whip: For good luck me and my friends didn't pay cuz I know the security boss. ;) Anyway the party kept on with or without "Mr." Green Velvet.
I wish not, but any of you have lived similar experiences?¿
drizzt81
quote:
Originally posted by UnBracKo
I wish not, but any of you have lived similar experiences?¿

yup Beyer did not show up at the U in Frankfurt in March :( that sucked majorly, but Samuel L Session jumped in and made it fun nonetheless. And heck, could I complain about a party with The Advent doing a sweet liveset? I don't think so. Anyhow, Beyer never made it to the airport or something I heard.

All-in-all I think a lot of DJ's have a pretty darn rough schedule for flying and i think you should -to a certain degree- give them a break if they cannot make it once. But if you are serious and GV has done this more often, then he should better be loosing some money, since it is rediculous. I would like to hear HIS side of the story though...
joeh
drizzt81
quote:
Originally posted by joeh
does that mean *fap fap fap* or "pics or stfu" ?
UnBracKo
quote:
Originally posted by drizzt81
All-in-all I think a lot of DJ's have a pretty darn rough schedule for flying and i think you should -to a certain degree- give them a break if they cannot make it once. But if you are serious and GV has done this more often, then he should better be loosing some money, since it is rediculous. I would like to hear HIS side of the story though...

I read indide the disco a communicate saying:
"...Due to we waited Mr. Green Velvet at the airport and he didn't come we've reduced the ticket at 15 €. Also we don't have any notice of him. No it's the first time he does this, and we don't rule out he appears in any moment..."
This is an official communicate of Palm Beach Club (not mine).
I don't know his reasons but if he had problems for arrive I think the most professional is to call or to give some notice.
Also I don't understand his attitude cuz he lose money and prestigy.:conf:
drizzt81
quote:
Originally posted by UnBracKo
I read indide the disco a communicate saying:
"...Due to we waited Mr. Green Velvet at the airport and he didn't come we've reduced the ticket at 15 €. Also we don't have any notice of him. No it's the first time he does this, and we don't rule out he appears in any moment..."
This is an official communicate of Palm Beach Club (not mine).
I don't know his reasons but if he had problems for arrive I think the most professional is to call or to give some notice.
Also I don't understand his attitude cuz he lose money and prestigy.:conf:

well, I understand that you are frustrated, but i have also heard of people just not finding each other at the airport. I am not saying that it did not go the way it was described, and I agree that not notifying the club is _VERY_ unprofessional, but all in all, DOES happen.

I think he should have called at the least, but who knows, maybe he is in a place where his cell phone doesn't work (Say he has a CDMA phone in europe for example) and just missed his plane...

Anyhow, I have had a similar experience and I have heard from other people that certain DJ's do tend to miss their plane, such as Carl Cox, who was to spin at the Tunnelrave in 2001 and never made it there. He only had to fly to Frankfurt from Ibiza, yet managed to f00k that up.. we had Sven spin for him -and rather nicely in fact- but it was still a little damper :(
torontotrance
The Advent Live??? that must have rocked!
drizzt81
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
The Advent Live??? that must have rocked!

[ threadjack active ]

yes! it kicked some ARSE!

:D never heard much of him before (shame on me) now i am h00ked.. i need MORE advent stuff!!
Mako
quote:
does that mean *fap fap fap* or "pics or stfu" ?

don't they both mean the same thing? :p
drizzt81
quote:
Originally posted by Mako
don't they both mean the same thing? :p
definetely something to ponder

Mako
quote:
definetely something to ponder

yes, it will take years of long dedication and research...
Freeza
I've seen Green Velvet play many times (Probably about 10 times or so) and has showed up everytime, even @ this really small, unpopular venue (A place where you wouldn't think he would show up) so no complaints here...

You should find out what really happend though before you judge him though (IMO) You never know, maybe some personal went down or something :eek::tongue2
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement