return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

mixing made easy.
View this Thread in Original format
Ste
before i started to learn to mix about 4 month ago (on my classy gemeni XL500 II's) i always didnt really see the deal in technics being so expensive and why everyone raved about them so much, i thought, well they speed up a bit faster that bout it.

but the other day i went on a mates technics for the first time ever and they are the absiloute best thing dever, they make seemless mixing so easy to do. on my decks if u touch the record or twist the pin to fast or slow it totally stops or mega speed up the record and makes mixing very precarious. whereas with technoics being so strong and having a backwards motor force too you can hammer them withotu having the risk of the record going out of control, theyre mint :D

anyway jsut had to say that, shame i dont have £700 :haha:
Luke Terry
ste u smell
Dj_Psygnosis
I agree Technics absolutely rule and as usual i didn't believe the hype so i bought some Stanton TTs since they were on special:o, they do the job but they have faults...i don't want to go deep into that.

ALSO Technics are even good on accuracy since they're the pitch controls goes to -8 and +8...i think...anyways this hugely increases accuracy of the beatmatch IMO

The Stantons i have have a -10 and +10 which highly isn't good.
SlickT
I know what you mean. I figured they were good,but didn't see the need to get them. Long story short I eventually caved in and bought a pair :)
Spin Doctor
Get Technics, a Pioneer DJM mixer and Sennheiser headphones and it practically mixes for you – all you have to do is stand there and practice cool DJ poses. :toothless
Spin Doctor
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Psygnosis
ALSO Technics are even good on accuracy since they're the pitch controls goes to -8 and +8...i think...anyways this hugely increases accuracy of the beatmatch IMO

Technics + Screwdriver = +/- 16%, though why you’d need that is beyond me. +/- 8% is more than enough.
TranceArsoNist
Technics.......... everything else is BoBo
Dhagor
quote:
Originally posted by TranceArsoNist

Well put :toothless
Ste
also the pitch control slider is proper solid so u can get batter minute accuracy whereas on my decks the slider is a bit wobbly :S
m0sh
quote:
Originally posted by TranceArsoNist

What about Numaek TTX ?

Vero
eye heart my 1200s. as for the TTX, talk to me when they have the reputation for being the best turntable on the market for 20 years. when i see a 20-25 year old TTX still sounding as good as the day it was bought, i will consider them a decent TT. untill then, 1200s baby!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement