return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Tattoo Discrimination?
View this Thread in Original format
anuneventrade
In my comp class we were told to write a commentary on the subject of our choice. I chose tattoo discrimination, since I face it on a day to day basis. I, myself, have two tattoos. If I enter a store and I am wearing clothes that cover my tattoos, I am percieved as a normal, nice, girl. I can return to that same store, with the same woman helping me, but instead, say, wearing a tank top that shows my tattoo on my back, as well as a trace of the one on my hip, and I get a whole nother story. I am one of "those kids that start trouble". :mad:
Not only are you judged differently, but you have to be careful in where you apply to get a job. Can you cover your tattoo? If not, say bye bye to that job. Tattoos are supposed to be a form of art and are instead, a form of discrimination. My own mother screamed at me "white trash" when she saw my first one. My roomates family member said to her "you better be careful with how many tattoos you get, you dont want to seem like white trash, i mean, youre not in a band or anything, so its unacceptable for you". wtf is that? :whip:
So anyway, my question to you guys- Any of you have tattoos? Do you get discriminated against? What are your personal views on tattoos? :conf:
drizzt81
don't have any, don't care too much, but if you have a ton of tatoos then i am likely to stare funny
Mebot
yah your right, tattoos are discriminated against, and the reality is that there is nothing we can really do about it.

Personally, i dont see a problem with tattoos, if its what you want, then go ahead. I wont judge you by ur tattoo. In fact some girls who get those tattoos on thier back in the form of a buttefly that go down to their asscrack is pretty sexy IMO.

Also i dont know if i will ever get a tattoo coz i would never be able to make up my mind what i want. You got to remember that it'll be with u for the rest of ur life (unless u get the laser removal surgery), so anything u get is permanent. Thats why im skeptical about tattoos..u gotta make sure to get something u wont regret later

my $.02
maria111
i dont have any!!!i scared to death the pain :(
blazed it
quote:
Originally posted by Mebot

Personally, i dont see a problem with tattoos, if its what you want, then go ahead. I wont judge you by ur tattoo. In fact some girls who get those tattoos on thier back in the form of a buttefly that go down to their asscrack is pretty sexy IMO.

personally i'm am quite sick of the tattoo above the asscrack ( i call it the doggystyle tattoo)I think that if your going to get a tattoo get one that has some personal meaning for you or that it marks an important date in your life.

i mean that butterfly tattoo or maybe a fairy tattoo above the ass crack is so common i think maxim did a survey of 100 hottest girls next door os something of the 35 that had tattoos 25 % were butterfly's. Now i know the break down of that is like 8 people out of a hundred (i don't have the magazine with me so these are approximate numbers, but they should be quite close)but that should tell you something.

And never ever go to a tattoo parlor or bmezine.com and find a tattoo on there and copy it! you are cheapening somebody else's design also.

I plan on becoming a teacher, but i also plan on getting a tattoo. So if i get one it is going to have to be a discrete one, i am currently thinking of getting a back piece done. Ahh woe is me, i am fascinated by body mods and body art, although nothing extreme like trepanation or splitting my penis in half. More like piercings and tattoos. But they have to be tastefully done, not some slap dash random collection of piercings and tattoos.

btw sexiest tattoo ever was a sakura branch running down this girls back and arm.... omg!!
gwrmarines
I'm gonna get one later on, but the only reason they discriminat them cause they too to to go through the pain no offence maria111 but i think they are sweet i like to look at the designs and stuff if people actually looked at the tattoos on like a hard core guy or gal it shows thier personality i dunno people are just stupid
Emil
I currently have a half sleeve, ink goes from my shoulder to my elbow. I am also a surgery technology (surgeon assistant) student, and we are required to wear hospital scrubs at school. In my class, there are a couple of guys with ink, but theirs doesn't show. Mine, you can see the lower 15% of it, or more depending on arm movement. Nobody has asked about my tattoo, the teachers haven't said anything about it. There are pictures of classes before us, and some guy has tattoos on his forearms.

I have asked ST's who are curretnly employed about the attitude toward tattoos. The majority was it's ok, as more and more people are getting tattoos. But since when you get a tattoo it's considered an open wound, you can't work. So if I want to add any more tattoos, I have to get them BEFORE I start working. The open wound is bad, because I work in a sterile enviroment, helping a surgeon during operations.

Emil
Omegasox
It's obvious there is discrimination in the job market, because if you want an executive position you're pretty much screwed if you have a tattoo you can't cover up. In everyday society I don't think there is much of a problem, though.

As for girls getting the tattoo's above their ass, I have to agree with someone who stated above that it's getting old and you shouldn't marr your body just because it's the "cool" thing to do. For some of us, getting tattoo's have symbolic meaning, and for me personally, I have 3 tattoo's which all have a deep inner meaning. If you're doing it to look cool, you should think about doing something else more practical, because you'll probably regret it in a few years.

And I gladly accept that I'm a hypocrite when it comes to girls getting tattoo's. Even though I have some, I can't stand seeing girls with tattoo's. Some look decent, but the majority look disgusting. Especially when they get them on/near their breast, that just ruins it and looks trashy.
EliPsE
I agree with you. Samething with piercings also, although u can take them out. its a bitch to be removing them all the time. some of them
anuneventrade
quote:
Originally posted by Omegasox
And I gladly accept that I'm a hypocrite when it comes to girls getting tattoo's. Even though I have some, I can't stand seeing girls with tattoo's. Some look decent, but the majority look disgusting. Especially when they get them on/near their breast, that just ruins it and looks trashy.

bwahahahhahaha!
This is true. When I see a girl with a tattoo on her breast or near it, it makes me want to puke. I think its disgusting as well. And the "hardass" effect is wasted, because it just seems more "dumbass" instead. :clown:
It is also true on what you commented on how people are just getting them now because they are trendy. Both of my tattoos have extreemly symbolic meaning, and both of them can be covered quite easily. I chose the places I did with thoughts to my future. :)
I personally, like tattoos, to an extent. Only if the tattoo is personal. I can't stand tribal, because unless youre a native american, it has no personal meanng. Nor does some chinese symbol that probably means the exact opposite of what you're told. :p

maria111
quote:
Originally posted by gwrmarines
I'm gonna get one later on, but the only reason they discriminat them cause they too to to go through the pain no offence maria111 but i think they are sweet i like to look at the designs and stuff if people actually looked at the tattoos on like a hard core guy or gal it shows thier personality i dunno people are just stupid

well isnt so much the pain but the idea of pain if you know what i mean!i just dont want to go alone to have a tattoo!anyone coming for a company?:o :p
Omegasox
quote:
Originally posted by maria111
well isnt so much the pain but the idea of pain if you know what i mean!i just dont want to go alone to have a tattoo!anyone coming for a company?:o :p

Tattoo's being painful is a huge misconception. The feeling when you're getting sticked is hard to put into words. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

Sure, after a while if you're getting a lot of detail work done, it will get "sore" as the artists hand rests on a spot previously done. But the soreness is to be expected if you're stuck laying there for 2+ hours with a needle going in and out constantly. But it's not painful in the least imo.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement