return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Problem with the TT-X1
View this Thread in Original format
T:REBEL
Although I haven't experienced this problem with my TT-X1, I've heard that it overheats easily. The platter stops when you press down on the vinyl. Switching from 33RPM to 45 RPM does this also.

Anyone TT-X1 owners encounter such a thing?
DJ1MK
I have owned a pair of TTX1s for 6 months and have yet to have any problems like those. I had a problem with one of my first decks within the first two months and got a replacement. Since then things have been great again. Also, my studio is pretty hot and both decks are in a coffin. I wouldn't worry about this.
DJ Kibon
quote:
Originally posted by T:REBEL
Although I haven't experienced this problem with my TT-X1, I've heard that it overheats easily. The platter stops when you press down on the vinyl. Switching from 33RPM to 45 RPM does this also.

Anyone TT-X1 owners encounter such a thing?

That's pretty whacky. I believe they're magnet driven (direct drive), so it's pretty odd that they would do something like that.
VIO
oh, i know exactly what the problem is. you see you bought a tt-x1 instead of a 1200 or a pdx-2000. ok, i'm sorry i just had to say that. now, here's my take. it sounds like your motor is having trouble in the torque area. as far as i know the tt-x1 have decent torque but i wouldn't know first hand as i've never used them. you should call up their tech support and bitch, bitch, bitch until they give you a solution. i'm guessing your table will need to be replaced. cheers.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement