return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Breakbeats
View this Thread in Original format
SleeplessAndy
The more I listen, the more I like. Not since I first got a FisherPrice record player with about half a dozen nursery rhyme disks have I been so excited about music. The Sasha Trance era comes close, but of course the hypnotic plinkety-plonk of "Teddy Bear's picnic" wins hands down. As I'm typing this, the memories have given me goose bumps. My very first "gig" in the corner of the nursery playground, just underneath the climbing frame. People with dummys in their mouths, gurgling with pleasure. I wee'd myself. It was great.

Anyway, breakbreats. Transcending genres, it's a sound that should appeal to all music lovers. There's the slack jazzy stuff, the techy minimal production and tough pacey hard edge with big stabby noises, akin to hoovers. Vocals, house riffs, trancey melodies and frequencies and intricate D&B rolling rhythms, it's all there. The defining ingredient is the lack of a 4/4 beat, instead a hip jerking leg shaking fancy footwork funky festival of rhythms.

I challenge anyone that says they don't like it to listen again. http://www.BreaksFM.com is a place to go, but there's all sorts of stuff around to listen to, it all depends how you like your breaks served. Chew the Fat is the obvious choice for a club, it's london's longest running breaks night. http://www.club4it.com/clublife/FatListings.htm

Sleepless has been a strictly trance night for most of the last 5 years, but we are embracing breaks for our 5th Birthday party. the 10 quid concessions list is now open, email me your names to go on the list. :)

Who's up for it then? I know I posted a couple of times but it's now you need to get your names on the list.

Woo!
invisible man
my favorite music will always be UK hardcore rave, from 91 - 92. breaks in a hard style..
CraSHer[UK]
quote:
Originally posted by SleeplessAndy
The more I listen, the more I like. Not since I first got a FisherPrice record player with about half a dozen nursery rhyme disks have I been so excited about music. the hypnotic plinkety-plonk of "Teddy Bear's picnic" wins hands down. As I'm typing this, the memories have given me goose bumps. My very first "gig" in the corner of the nursery playground, just underneath the climbing frame. People with dummys in their mouths, gurgling with pleasure. I wee'd myself. It was great.

huh?:conf:
Coup
i dunno what he was on when he typed that, but i want some :p
Cru5ad3r
Not sure I want to wee myself tho :clown:

Crusader
SleeplessAndy
quote:
Originally posted by Cru5ad3r

Crusader

You should try it, the buzz is amazing man. It starts warm right, which is nice, then slowly it gets cold and itchy.

Just seen you are at L'boro uni.. My girlfs sis is there :)

And no, she wouldn't.
goose_wh
quote:
Originally posted by Cru5ad3r

Crusader

Its best when you do it in a public place... then you get a warm AND smug feeling when no-one notices you did it.
Cru5ad3r
quote:
Originally posted by SleeplessAndy
Just seen you are at L'boro uni.. My girlfs sis is there :)

And no, she wouldn't.

Sok ready found some ppl to go to passion with :D

Crusader
SleeplessAndy
She's not much of a raver anyway.

Right, I'm just uploading a Sasha b2b with James Zabiela from Stocholm. Breaks mix, wicked scratching and very cool tunes. I'll chuck the link here when it's done.

:)

It's all about breaks for me. Trance has taken second place for the first time in about 8 years.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement