return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Quality control?
View this Thread in Original format
igottaknow
Has anyone else notice the decline of quality posts? IMHOP the chillout room in the last week has reached all time low and has become a black hole, void of any redeeming value.

With the absence of thoughtful and interesting members like butterfly and others, it has become more of a chore sifting thru endless piles of ty posts. I'm not proclaiming myself as genius poster, but at least I can censor myself when I don’t have anything interesting to say. Bumping up really old threads seems like a desperate attempt to revive the good old days.

What’s going on? Have all the interesting members been driven away by the mindless s? Is this board a reflection of ppl who lead boring lives, sitting at their computers all day and having nothing special to contribute? Does anyone have any constructive ideas on improving this board?
Boomer187
online evolution, those most adapted will stay.

Since a-holes like a-hole posting, and the others hate it, a-holes will stay.
Sirocco
contradictory, my dear watson.

if there was a filter to control the quality threads i doubt this one would squeeze through.
gwrmarines
w00t http://www.tranceaddict.com/forum/s...threadid=137997
jdat
chillout always has it's ups and downs.

and as you may know butterfly moved/moving and explains her absence.

also you might have noticed joeh is not around these days :(
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow
Has anyone else notice the decline of quality posts? IMHOP the chillout room in the last week has reached all time low and has become a black hole, void of any redeeming value.

With the absence of thoughtful and interesting members like butterfly and others, it has become more of a chore sifting thru endless piles of ty posts. I'm not proclaiming myself as genius poster, but at least I can censor myself when I don’t have anything interesting to say. Bumping up really old threads seems like a desperate attempt to revive the good old days.

What’s going on? Have all the interesting members been driven away by the mindless s? Is this board a reflection of ppl who lead boring lives, sitting at their computers all day and having nothing special to contribute? Does anyone have any constructive ideas on improving this board?

Hey, hey, hey! No love for the Nutsack?

Besides, I don't see what was so 'quality' about butterfly's posts... maybe you just had a thing for her. :p
DJ-Fuq
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow

Ive been thinking the same thing recently.
Omegasox
Need more mods. Neo doesn't close fast enough. :crazy: :toothless
montie
well instead of whining about it, post some threads you find interesting and worth while

this is the chill out room. the room for anything and everything. from inane stupid posts for s and giggles to interesting thought provoking threads about the reality of "reality"

just read what you want to read.

and if you want intelligent discussion, spark some.
montie
quote:
Originally posted by Omegasox
Need more mods. Neo doesn't close fast enough. :crazy: :toothless

i think neo gets the job done well enough for 10 mods. :p

Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by montie
well instead of whining about it, post some threads you find interesting and worth while

this is the chill out room. the room for anything and everything. from inane stupid posts for s and giggles to interesting thought provoking threads about the reality of "reality"

just read what you want to read.

and if you want intelligent discussion, spark some.

YEah i agree, i try to only reply to posts that are of some interest, and not to just spam some worthless answer,

but then again I wonder if we can attribute the decline of the chill-out thread much to the slasher films of the 80s. There were so many slasher films made during the 80s that people just got desensitized to it, and after a while filmmaker slowed down production of horror films.

Now here we are in 2003, and horror films arent necessarily on the comeback, but we do have a couple of them creeping up every year (Jeepers Creepers 2, 28 days later, Resident Evil, Freddy vs Jason etc..)

So maybe this is just happening here in the chill-out forum. People will lose interest in all the stupid stuff, and the more interesting topics will creep back into here.

Ok sorry for that 80s slashed film allusion, we're talking about horror films in my Intro to Film class and my professor pointed out that correlation above.

:)
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
Besides, I don't see what was so 'quality' about butterfly's posts... maybe you just had a thing for her. :p

I think she is quality because she has made a positive contribution to this community. She isn't afraid to share her personal life, thoughts, fears, and feelings. In a word she's genuine. BTW, I also said others, and I'm not going to make up a popularity list.

Maybe swamper should create TA ADD room where unbalanced, unintelligible, dumb, immature s can post played out or pointless threads, and flame each other.

To put it simply, I don't care what subject matter you want to post, be it funny, serious, thoughtful, or sad, just do not SUCK.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement