return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

For people who use cdrwin
View this Thread in Original format
djgarfield
I'm trying to use a cue file and burn a cd. This has worked out okay but, it won't remember the name of artists or track titles. Do i need to use two indexes 00, 01? Also, can somebody explain what these indexes do? Here is my cue file example:
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "BEHIND THE SUN"
PERFORMER "TRANSA"
INDEX 01 41:30:00
Paul Griffiths 1
A cue file will not burn track titles to a CD, or as far as I know anyway. There may be an option to burn in CD-Text, but that info in the que is just text ripped from the cd.ini file from Windows when that CD was read & ripped.

In regards to the indexes, they are the actual time in which the track changes, and the next one starts...Basically important info for the CD to know when to change the tracks.

Indexes are also known as extra points in a track, like a sub-track that only certain compatible audio-cd players can read.

So there are two differences there.
djgarfield
Hey thanks for the reply. I guess my question is then why need to two indexes for one song? Isn't telling using one index enuff for each track? All u need is to write where each track begins correct. In the help manual for cdrwin they show some examples where they use index 00,01 for one song w/o gaps. I'm not sure why? Why not just one index here?
Paul Griffiths 1
Most cue files only have one index per track...

The other option you say with multiple indexes is probably just to spilt one track already indexed into 2, 3 or whatever, like you can add them in yourself if need be.

Understand?...lol :p
djgarfield
Yeah..I got it. thanx yo!:eyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement