return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Video Problems with Windows media Player???
View this Thread in Original format
Malice
Ok, for some reason my windows media player won't play any ,mpa files (not mp3) which is a video file. Now, these files use to play all the time before without any problem at all, but when i went to watch them the other day, they wouldn't work and i got a message that came up, "This pin cannot use the supplied media type". Does anyone know what the problem is????

.....The version i'm usin is 7.01. :conf: :conf:
FASTDJMP3
Try to uninstall it , then install it again
if the problem continues , download another movie player
Malice
quote:
Originally posted by FASTDJMP3
Try to uninstall it , then install it again
if the problem continues , download another movie player

I tried that, uninstalled and i downloaded a new windows media player and it still had the same problem.
FASTDJMP3
Did u try the old media player (the one that comes with windows when u just install it , it's in start , programs , accessories , search it there)
Malice
Yeah, it works on there, but you can't actually make the video full screen.
FASTDJMP3
Oh well ... at least u can watch them :)
Malice
I can watch them on Real player or the MV2 player, but i'm tryin to fix a problem here.... and i want to get these put on tape.
--]-ExEcuTE-[--
quote:
Originally posted by Malice
Ok, for some reason my windows media player won't play any ,mpa files (not mp3) which is a video file. Now, these files use to play all the time before without any problem at all, but when i went to watch them the other day, they wouldn't work and i got a message that came up, "This pin cannot use the supplied media type". Does anyone know what the problem is????

Try it with Real Player, i think this videoplayer can play this video format.

Hm, strange...
In Real Player .mpa is a MPEG AUDIO FILE, no video... :eyes:
Are you sure that should be a video file??? :conf:

GREETINGS TA´s
Malice
Yeah, unless there was some sort of crazy up with my comp and ended up changing all those files to .mpa files, i was able to watch all these videos before without a problem with windows media player (version 7.01) but that all stopped a few days ago for some reason i'm not sure of.
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by Malice

hey for some reason my mediaplayer isn't working lately either. it tried to play a video the other day and it's just that swirly color stuff on the screen like from when u play mp3's...hmmmm odd

--]-ExEcuTE-[--
Strange...

Try it with the Real Player, ore install the new Windows Media Player! I think 8 is the last version...
But when you install the new Media Player, also install the old skin!!! The surface of the Media Player 8 is horrible! :whip:

In the office, i have Media Player Ver. 6... and it works fine. I only installed the DivX and the MPEG4 Plugin...

Can you play other video formats with your Media Player?
StereoPrincess
same in thing happens to me. same error too. what the hell is that?? i tried watching some of the videos that were suggested on here and they totally didn't work.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement