return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Dancing Battles?
View this Thread in Original format
Carl0s
So im watching several videos of European parties and clubs but I dont see any battles... Do you guys have any over there? or is this only a california thing. Man....nothing like battling at a party.
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Carl0s
So im watching several videos of European parties and clubs but I dont see any battles... Do you guys have any over there? or is this only a california thing. Man....nothing like battling at a party.

what kind of dancing? i want to dance...
Carl0s
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
what kind of dancing? i want to dance...

I call it grooving, but other people just say raving. Its hard to explain..Its just using your dancing skills to "defeat" your opponent...Its quite fun actually.
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Carl0s
I call it grooving, but other people just say raving. Its hard to explain..Its just using your dancing skills to "defeat" your opponent...Its quite fun actually.

i'll have to check it out
Carl0s
quote:
i'll have to check it out

Well you just moved to california right? in the bay area, San Jose specifically there is tons of parties during the summer, literally every weekend, but the bigger parties draw the bigger names like Cyberfest and Metropolis are two of the biggest. There might be one for New Years.
Orbax
I love battling! i did it all the time in europe! except it was always with Americans and Canadians hehe.
butterfly
anyway, i may have done this in new york but i am still not really clear on what it is. regardless i dont think we called it that.
daydreamer
quote:
anyway, i may have done this in new york but i am still not really clear on what it is. regardless i dont think we called it that.

usually held at raves and the 18+ clubs
usually a human circle is built, in the middle there will be two people trying to "PUNK" the other one with innovative dancing moves.
while the rest of the crowd cheers them on. sometimes they are alright but when someone is doing liquid and this twat starts break dancing it ruins the whole thing. happen to me when i was younger and used to that. i just walked off.
sometimes some of the people are very good dancers. this works well for the people who don't want to look crazy while dancing. just copy some of their moves.

-dreamer
Vivid Boy
i used to break dance was pretty in good at it to....but fads die...

me popping flares...used ot be able to go into windmills from this to 90's

had the biggest flares and the most could do 29 consecutive flares...

http://members.tripod.com/DJ_EXTREME/pictures/ericbauflare.jpg

was part of two bboy crews...started off in a fram crew to one of torontos larger crews top notch...but they broke up and so did the farm crew so i joined another....didnt enter any comps with that crew cause i quit soon after...havent busted a move in over 2 years
Mebot
heh heh

Vivid Boy in Breakin'2 :Electric Boogaloo.

I've seen dance battles before.. @ Buzz, Nation, pretty cool stuff, but im not as L33T as they are. I can pop n lock and stuff, but not real good.

As for raving, i never really learned it..i just kind of watched peopl, taught myself and just go with the music. I cant hold on to glowsticks for the life of me lol :toothless they always fly out of my fingers and hit people hahaah!

o well

each to their own

DJ_Shockwav
i love battling
for me it's usually with girls and i love battling to house music

i've battled with a couple guys but it's not as fun
Orbax
yeah I only battle girls hehe. Its pretty cool all the little innovations you start doing to win. Its fun.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement