return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
The PCs have kicked the G5s ass
View this Thread in Original format
Sirocco
http://www.alienware.com/Review_Pag...cworld_1203.asp

wooooow
montie
if you've got the money macs are great computers.
but if you really know what you are doing, you can build a top of the line PC that can blow them out of the water
as was done in this comparison (alienware is prolly the best PC maker on the block).
the whole mac vs. pc debate is blaaah
i personally love PC's in the fact that i canbuild them, customize them and have so many more options with them.
but if i had the money i'd buy a nice g4 laptop with the software i really wanted.
Sirocco
i represent the poor musician/

"mac=no warez=frowntown"
TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by montie
but if you really know what you are doing, you can build a top of the line PC that can blow them out of the water
as was done in this comparison (alienware is prolly the best PC maker on the block).

My friend has an Alienware and my computer can run laps around it. We got them around the same time, only I built mine. He went 2.6GHz Pentium 4, I went with 2.6GHz P4 w/ hyper-threading. My RAM is faster than his too, I'm running 1GB 400MHz DDR RAM while he's just running 1GB DDR RAM (not sure which speed). My computer also runs a whole 10-degrees Celsius cooler than his.

I think this company would kick the out of both: http://www.go-l.com/home/index.htm
neoh
you all fear my linux cluster.

It WOOPS your PC.

And so does my lego router.

nyahahahmuhahaha :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Sirocco
heh those are pcs too you know ;p
neoh
quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
heh those are pcs too you know ;p

you dont know what a linux cluster is, do you? :stongue:
jon
heh! must be a chore cleaning out the dust from all the cases!
hadi burpee
in the macworld magazine, i saw that the pc won too
neoh
quote:
Originally posted by jon
heh! must be a chore cleaning out the dust from all the cases!

actually, they dont get all that dusty, believe it or not.
It's a farely conditioned place where they are, and there's always a big fan blowing at the window, so most of it gets sucked out.

Believe it or not, every time I blow out dust in a CPU fan or something else, I get sick. (fever, flu, a cold.) I try to stay away from it.

- neoh

Psychonoise
quote:
Originally posted by neoh
you all fear my linux cluster.

It WOOPS your PC.

And so does my lego router.

nyahahahmuhahaha :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Wow!!!i wanna be a nerd to do this!!!I like ur lego cpu hehehe
gwrmarines
OMG i bet i got the worst pc here check thes stats out it's an emachine:toothless
1.0 GHz celeron processor
128MB memory i upgraded to 256
20GB HD
Don't laugh to hard k:haha:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement