return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
I hate techno
View this Thread in Original format
hardstyle
Look at this guy hahahah

I Hate Techno
Last night went with Josh to a techno / sound collage / found sound performance by a guy I used to work with. Two guys sitting on the floor messing with computers. Haphazard sampling and lifeless beats. I'm really into the idea of collage and found media in all its forms, but this techno stuff is so cold and boring. I really, really don't get what people hear in it. I especially don't get why people go to techno performances where all there is to see is people messing with computers. The whole genre is just weak. People sitting around on pillows or dancing to this insistent, robotic thud. It's just sensation. Yes, some of the sounds are lush and huge and sometimes even interesting. But it's like staring into the light, not like witnessing the muse.

If these people spent half the energy learning to play real instruments....

We left after 30 minutes (he gave up on the music after three minutes... I sat it out through the first set to be polite) and sat down over beers at Jupiter. Was nice catching up with Josh. So weird that I've known him longer than any other friend, and he's my next door neighbor, yet I hardly ever see him. Our schedules just don't sync up.

Posted by shacker at May 12, 2001 11:04 AM
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by hardstyle
If these people spent half the energy learning to play real instruments....

And that right there, throws all his credibility out the window.
BTG
i like it when people call it techno...when it usually isn't :D
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
i like it when people call it techno...when it usually isn't :D

its kinda like telling an eskimo that all snow flakes are just snow flakes. As I remember they have different names for different kinds. It's because we aren't emersed in snow that we don't know the difference.

same with "techno", they don'tl isten to it so there is no way tehy can differentiate the different types.

So all you can say is that it is an ignorant statement and leave it be. But make sure when you talk about other types of music you don't fall into the same ignorant pattern as these guys.
Moongoose
Yup techno or rave, that what they say here :D

OPn all of the boards when someone dares to ask what somebody listens too the answer is preety much like this

"I listen to everything except techno and rave becousethat is fake and requires no real skill to play"

:D :D :D
Vlad
This kid I know that "DJ's" calls Ian van Dahl and Lasgo techno. This shows you how much he knows about what he is playing.
mndeg
rock is far more lifeless,
techno the real genre of detroit techno IS pretty lifeless, and thats what makes it so great
Galapidate
How is it (I'm using electronica in this case) any more weak a genre than others? Doesn't pop or metal or rap have the same overall repetition?
mentalbarter
imo techno is overrated
Moongoose
Hey dont dis techno :whip: techno kics ass, not as much as trance, but still techno parties are damn nice...brsides all we get here are techno and house aprties, almost no trance :rolleyes:

Yes metal and pop are repetitev, especialy metal...they can try to play all the different choreds and stuff but you really cant hear that with all that distortion they set up and trying to puke at the microphone...i know...i usedto be a guitar player in a metal band :nervous: good god what was i thinking :nervous:

TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by Galapidate
How is it (I'm using electronica in this case) any more weak a genre than others? Doesn't pop or metal or rap have the same overall repetition?

Yeah, rap is super repetitive now. There's alot of those pop R&B artists who have repetitive music too. Ashanti is the biggest culprit. That's what bothers me when one of this people who are into rap & tell me my music is all the same. :whip:
placebo
pics or stfu....oh wait...dammit

i like big beat techno, like Crystal Method...thats what I think of when I think of techno...i didn't even know WTF chris liebing was until someone told me that was what techno really sounded like and i was like WTF that sounds like abunch of noise and they were like yeah it does but its the and i was like yeah that is the but hot damn that ing crazy and crap and he wa slike yah dude i know and . peace.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement