return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

My (sorta) new mixer
View this Thread in Original format
`pr0digy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...DME:B:EOAB:US:6

Good deal ?

$150 total for a Stanton SK 2F mixer. I know it's more of a "Battle" mixer, but will it do okay for beginning in trance mixing ? It's half the price of a new one, and almost completely new anyway, so I couldn't resist. Of course if everyone says it's , I'll find a way to sell it to someone and make a profit anyway :p
Kiragan
I don't have experience with it, but that appears to be a sufficient mixer. It has some limitations (no effects, only 2 channels), but at least it has controls for highs, mids, and lows (some scratch mixers don't have all three). For about the same price, you could have gotten a Behringer VMX-300, which also has an extra channel and a couple other features, but some people claim Stantons are better, so this should work for you.

Kiragan
Ben Huijbregts
$150 for am mixer like this one is a very good deal!!!

Of course it is more a battle-mixer, but you can play trance with it also. Too bad it only has 2 channels, but that's ok when you only play with 2 turntables/cd-players:)

Stanton mixers are from a very high quality, so they give you a long time of mixing-plaesure. Have fun with it!
Carl0s
his reviews sound ed up.....I wouldnt buy from him.
`pr0digy
quote:
Originally posted by Carl0s
his reviews sound ed up.....I wouldnt buy from him.

He doesn't have the greatest feedback rating, but when you actually look at it it's not bad, and I've emailed him a few times back and forth, seems like a fine lad... Sending the M.O. out today.
DJTJ
The mixer is pretty good - Seb Fontaine used it at a party in Cardiff a couple of years back, sounded pretty good over a loud system. I have a Stanton mixer myself (SMX-401) and am pleased with the sound and build quality. As long as the one you get hasn't been battered too much its a good deal.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement