return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Stockpiling Madness
View this Thread in Original format
igottaknow
Ever notice people seem to loose their common sense before a storm? Take a trip to the grocery store and you will see what I'm mean. Everyone makes a mad dash to stockpile as much food as his or her shopping carts will hold. Can goods and bottle water are at the top of the list, but any non-perishable will do.

We in New England got hit with a 2-day storm that dropped 12-18 inches of snow, but from the way people reacted you would think they were preparing for WWIII. I don't know who is more responsible the news media for whipping up the mania or the idiots who strip the shelves clean.
whiskers
it's not over yet! while other lazy uni kids might prefer to order fatty take out... i'm gonna go get my jacket and walk in beautiful weather to eat crappy uni food... hope they have buffalo wings though, those are mad awesome! might take some pictures too

Dr. Cfire
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow
Ever notice people seem to loose their common sense before a storm? Take a trip to the grocery store and you will see what I'm mean. Everyone makes a mad dash to stockpile as much food as his or her shopping carts will hold. Can goods and bottle water are at the top of the list, but any non-perishable will do.

We in New England got hit with a 2-day storm that dropped 12-18 inches of snow, but from the way people reacted you would think they were preparing for WWIII. I don't know who is more responsible the news media for whipping up the mania or the idiots who strip the shelves clean.

I know what you mean I work in a grocery store. The second more than about 10 cm of snow falls everybody just loses their brain.
montie
its sensationalized cuz thats good business
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement