return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

need help with my future career =)
View this Thread in Original format
dallas
Okay hey guys I was just wondering
It is almost Christmas time and I ordered myself the
Stanton Spin cycle Budget Package
It Includes: 2 stanton stri-30 turntables
Stanton smx201 mixer
2 stanton 500b cartrigdges pre-mounted headshells

Now I know this is some noobie equipmement, so i need some direction (some websites would be nice) to help me in picking my next line of equipement... So what should I do first? Get a new mixer first? or turntables.. or what?? Please respond.. Someone thanks!
conk
I'm confused, u ordered some equipment now you want advice on another set of equipment? That package has all u need to start spinning (minus vinyl and stereo of course) but if you want a good reccomendation on mid-range equipment i'd suggest:

2x Technics 1200 MK2/M3D
1x Behringer VMX300/VMX200/DJX700
2x Stanton Trackmaster SK II (one of many budget needles)
dallas
okay cool thanks what should be the way inwhcih i purchase
that was stuff my mom bought
now im gonig to have to save up adn buy piece by piece, should i get tables.. mixer.. what first? thanks for the other info
conk
It's a matter of personal preference really, some people think a mixer is more important than turntables...depends really.
diesel0
^

Im starting to realize that now. I have 2 Technics SL1200MK2's and a Behringer VMX 300 and I think its time to cut down on vinyl a bit and start saving up for a new mixer. I want to either get a Xone 32 or a Pioneer DJM 600.
DJ Lazy
quote:
Originally posted by diesel0
^

Im starting to realize that now. I have 2 Technics SL1200MK2's and a Behringer VMX 300 and I think its time to cut down on vinyl a bit and start saving up for a new mixer. I want to either get a Xone 32 or a Pioneer DJM 600.

Can I buy your VMX 300 off you??:D :D j/k
Nemesis44
If you are truly serious about working in this business then I would suggest you get better decks first. Mixers will always change from club to club, but the decks will be technics 1200s for the most part. Might as well get used to them as soon as you can. Not to mention that they are really nice.

Once beat matching is up to scratch then start thinking mixer with 3 band EQs on each channel.

The thing about Decks vs mixer upgrades is that second had Technics actually have the best re-sell value out of all the items a DJ uses. Mixers can drop rather rapidly in price although it's probably a cheaper upgrade depending on how mad you want to go.

Cheers
Nem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement