return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
What is Loveparade?
View this Thread in Original format
dziner
I have a Loveparade CD that a friend got me when he was in Germany a few years ago, and I did have a Monika Kruse live set from Loveparade (MP3 which I have since lost). Can someone explain to me what Loveparade is? And on another note - does anyone have any more info on Monika Kruse? She has an awesome site but nobody seems to know of her.
dj_mdma
Loveparade is the one of the biggest street festivals for dance music, mainly techno, in Germany.

Its the 2nd week of July in Berlin and uses the Tiergarten road.

Its free and turnouts are usually about 750,000 - 1 million.
KilldaDJ
think i might go to the loveparade in a few years time with some mates, imo it will be house and crap they play then.
DrUg_Tit0
quote:
Originally posted by dziner
I have a Loveparade CD that a friend got me when he was in Germany a few years ago, and I did have a Monika Kruse live set from Loveparade (MP3 which I have since lost). Can someone explain to me what Loveparade is? And on another note - does anyone have any more info on Monika Kruse? She has an awesome site but nobody seems to know of her.

You haven't heard of Love Parade??? All throughouth the 90's it's been the largest electronic music festival in the world. It's held up on the streets of Berlin, and has an attendance that sometimes surpasses one million people.
TeKnoHe@d2025
THIS is Loveparade:

I believe 1999 was the biggest year for it, 1.5 million people!
keithos27
I was there this past summer... AMAZING!!!!

-Keith
Pete Mitchell
quote:
Originally posted by TeKnoHe@d2025
THIS is Loveparade:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! :eek:

<-------- (is godsmacked!)
TranceGiant
The *experience* itself is awesome, but after the first time, when you try to go to specific dj's it gets kinda annoying since its so packed, so much stress, so exhausting. You'd better just flow with the masses instead of looking for certrain trucks.
tennessee_raver
Must go.................:toothless
Polak
if you want better hurry up, because the Berlins'authorities have allowed to organize loveparade only until 2007. After that there will be no loveparade. Thats what I've heard

Eye-Q
Forget the Loveparade!!! And their drunken Clowns :o

You have to go THERE:

STREETPARADE in Zurich... Between 750.000 - 1.000.000 people who really wanna party :eyespop: And if you really are an tranceaddict, you HAVE to go there!!!
Since '98 a MUST!
TeKnoHe@d2025
quote:
Originally posted by Polak
if you want better hurry up, because the Berlins'authorities have allowed to organize loveparade only until 2007. After that there will be no loveparade. Thats what I've heard

There are such things known as "contract extensions" you know? If the Loveparade founders are willing to go on after 2007 I'm sure they'll fight to get an extension.

I must say that the Loveparades during the 21st century haven't been as magical due to all the politics getting involved.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement