return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Reinforcing the Sony MDR-V700
View this Thread in Original format
Prodigy Child
I'm just trying to think of a way to make the joints in the Sonys strong so they don't brake, cos I'm pretty rough with mine and am just waiting for them to brake, but maybe there is a way to make them tough, like maybe covering the joint in super glue, would be tricky to make sure you don't glue the wrong parts, or maybe wrapping a good solid tape around them, like duct tape or something, well anyway was wondering if anybody has thought of this or has reinforced them, if so please say, any ideas would be helpful.
TwoPlow
I don't think glue would work very well, unless you have really burly glue that can get through the surface without ruining it. If the crack goes all the way through, the glue will only help on the surface, where it wouldn't be that big of a deal anyway.

I think.

And I don't have any ideas. So my only suggestion is that if you get the MDr-V700's, to be really careful with them, and not fold them up much or use the bag.
onceler
dont use the bag is the best way to get longevity out of them. might also wanna try wrapping duct tape on each one to try to prevent it, dont know if that will actually help, but it wont hurt.
Nemesis44
Heya Prod,

Forgotten what they are called but I seen some guy recently with those plastic strips that you thread through a a loop and pull tight. Makes a sort of Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip sound when you do it too... You guys must think I have lost it baaad now. :crazy:

You can get really small ones and it seemed to work for this guy.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Cheers
Nem
Dj Dezmond
quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis44
Heya Prod,

Forgotten what they are called but I seen some guy recently with those plastic strips that you thread through a a loop and pull tight. Makes a sort of Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip sound when you do it too... You guys must think I have lost it baaad now. :crazy:

You can get really small ones and it seemed to work for this guy.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Cheers
Nem

lol, cable ties. and i dont think ur mad. i only been here about a week, and from wat i know of u, ur the daddy :toocool:
Martin McG
cable ties may make them uncomfortable to wear though so i recommend trying to paste over the joints surface with a very strong super glue and i suppose after its dried you could then wrap some duct tape round them
Inertia
be creative! 2 large cable ties, aim the "tails" upwards like antennas put some cabling around htem, light bulbs at the top... and, alien dj!:crazy: not to mention, great for those dark clubs where you need that lil bit more visibility :p
rxt
i had a pair that broke about a year ago and i super glued them togeather. they work fine and havent broken since, and trust me, i really beat the out of those things.

the only problem with super gluing the joints is that you lose a lot of the swivle motion. worth it imo.
benh
zip ties work well. Mine are cracked but still together. But I dont use them anymore since i have the HD25 headphones now.
Prodigy Child
thanks for the ideas guys, I really like the sound of the zip ties, so thanks Nem, I'll try and sort something out now.

uxud
Anyone have pictures of where the fracture is? I want to see where all the fuss is about, and when my headphones one day break, how to fix them.

Also, some pictures of the zip tie fix you're talking about?

Anyone?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement