return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Finally...
View this Thread in Original format
DrUg_Tit0
someone who appreciates my profession!

http://www.rpi.edu/~harmsj/RUPEE/
_Nut_
quote:
And when some dude forgot the convolution integral the EE killed the whole town

Im not an EE, but im a meteorology major... and ick. I hated reversing convolutions.....
Prodigy Child
What the , did I just read that, what the hell was going on.
_Nut_
quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy Child
What the , did I just read that, what the hell was going on.

Sad but it all makes sense to me... reseach meteorology is the same...
DigiNut
RUPEE... Real Ultimate Power Electrical Engineering version... lol :haha:

Yeah, we flip out when you up your periodic linear convolutions, so you better watch yourselves.

Oh, and if you forget to transform your lowpass Butterworth prototype into a highpass, we'll cut your lowpass right off.
MrSquirrel
I have a 48G...nice machine...was the cat's meow when I got it in college.

Mathematica owns Matlab anyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Where I went to school the Electrical Engineering Professors did not let their students take classes that used computers to do calculations. They were all old fossils. But it still was ranked #1....guess the legacy of John Bardeen is still in effect.

I was not an EE, I just had friends who were.

MrS
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
Mathematica owns Matlab anyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Yes, it's 10 times better and 100 times more expensive. ;)

You know what the cool thing is, though... did you know that they actually used Mathematica to design new versions of Mathematica?
DrUg_Tit0
quote:
Originally posted by _Nut_
Im not an EE, but im a meteorology major... and ick. I hated reversing convolutions.....

Hey, don't you be talking against convolutions while you're surrounded by EEs. That can be very dangerous to your health, you know.
MrSquirrel
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
Yes, it's 10 times better and 100 times more expensive. ;)

You know what the cool thing is, though... did you know that they actually used Mathematica to design new versions of Mathematica?

I did not know that.

But it would not surprise me. Stephen Wolfram wrote the language in 1984 and he has done amazing things with it since.

Wolfram is one of those rare geniuses the world sees once in a decade if not less frequently. It is almost impossible to even talk to him he is so much smarter than his peers.

MrS
zarathustra
Only 4 more days before I can flip out and calculate again :gsmile:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement