return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Turntables
View this Thread in Original format
Frawg
I am looking at buying a set of decks and a mixer and was wanting some suggestions from everyone out there. I know that technics 1200's have been the standard for ages but there must others that are also great. I have heard that akiyama make good decks aswell as numark. I mainly will be spinning Progressive and uplifting trance. I don't EVER plan on scratching, so no need to mention one's because they are excellent for that. Look forward to your suggestions.
wilhelm_t
Whats your budget?
Frawg
$2400-2500AU
wilhelm_t
whats that in £?
Frawg
It's around $1500 Eur, and $1900USD
wilhelm_t
i spent about £1200(1600 euros i think) on my set up.

http://www.djempire.co.uk (Got my turntables from here,TTX1's)
http://www.dv247.com (Mixer from here,Behringer DJX700)

Not had any problems with them what so ever,most definetly recommend them, most people go for 1210's but they can be quite expensive but are acclaimed as the "best" in the buisness.

Have a look here as well http://www.pssl.com/
Psygnosis
quote:
Originally posted by Frawg
I know that technics 1200's have been the standard for ages but there must others that are also great.

Thats the problem, there is no other brands better than Techs...do yourself and your brain (cause it'll go through alot of stress) a favour and get Techs at any cost. it will save you sooo much trouble in the long run.
DJ Lazy
quote:
Originally posted by Psygnosis
get Techs at any cost. it will save you sooo much trouble in the long run.

I got good decks, I think.. I am spinning on Gemini PT-2100's, ya ya, I know gemini isn't what ANYONE would recommmend, but they got a good amount of torque, and they hold pitch... so I ain't got nothing to complain about... BUT I do wish I had shopped around from some second hand Techs... but until they can't hold pitch anymore I will just stick it out.
Now the mixer is another story.. Get a GOOD mixer.. I regret not getting a better mixer. (Gemini PS-676Pro2) :(

Cheers.
Prodigy Child
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
I got good decks, I think.. I am spinning on Gemini PT-2100's, ya ya, I know gemini isn't what ANYONE would recommmend, but they got a good amount of torque, and they hold pitch... so I ain't got nothing to complain about... BUT I do wish I had shopped around from some second hand Techs... but until they can't hold pitch anymore I will just stick it out.
Now the mixer is another story.. Get a GOOD mixer.. I regret not getting a better mixer. (Gemini PS-676Pro2) :(

Cheers.

Yea I gotta say, I got Techs and love them, but using PT-2100s is fine aswell, I like using them, there a good solid deck, there about 1000 times better than xl500s, I just had to say that, cos sometimes, people don't think there is much difference between the 500 and the 2100s, so they go for the 500 cos its cheaper, but god no, the 500s could be like 1/10th of the cost of the 2100 and I still wouldn't get them, sorry if I hurt any 500 owners, I used to own some and ended up hating them, they were good at first, I got used to them, but the motor went pretty fast, so became as good at playing a record as a siv holding water.
Vero
with $1900 us. definitly get techs. i picked up mine at $300 a piece for m3ds. you can get mk2s for about that, or pay a little more for the mk5s.

dieselatx
i currently use 2 numark tt-200s and a behringer djx-700. i have no complaints other than the fact i will get technics eventually. i love my turntables though, and i only paid about 170.00 US apiece at etronics. i would suggest getting technics if you know you will only use your equipment all the time. i use my numarks at home and use my friends technics when we spin out.
Vlad
If I were in your shoes, I would buy 2 Technics second-hand on ebay. Be picky, be choosey since you have a decent budget - I paid $650 for both of mine. You could use the rest of the money to buy a mixer (right now Xone:62 sells for $800). Headphones (Pioneer HDJ-1000), $140 on ebay new, and carts (Shure Whitelabels), $170 on ebay new pair.

Total: @$700, $800, $140, $170 = $1810, whatever is left over, you could buy a few vinyls you like and learn to beatmatch.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement