return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Replica Oakelys
View this Thread in Original format
rollypoles
ok, so i've had two pairs of oakleys which i both loved. however, the first pair i left at a restaurant and they were never seen again. so i bought a new pair after that and two years ago my friend sat on them and broke them. then, i got a pair of bolle's which i really loved, espcially for skiing. being the idiot that i am i left them at another restaurant only to never see them again. (ing restaurants and their damn employees. i swear, if i ever find a pair of sunglasses at a restaurant i'm not going to turn them in just so that i can set things straight.) so, i was thinking of buying a replica pair because i don't wanna spend over $100 for a pair of sunglasses that i might eventually end up losing or breaking anyway.

has anyone ordered a pair of replica oakleys off the internet? if so, are the people who sell them online reputable? cause i don't wanna pay for them and then not have them shipped (which happened to me on ebay when i tried to order a PS2 a couple of years ago....thats $300 i'll never see again. ing s that do this really piss me off!!!).
Omegasox
You get what you pay for, that's all there is to it. If you've had Oakley's before, you will think the replica's are utter . The quality is terrible, and the lens' are complete ass, it's like looking through colored glass.

I've had some Oakley's for a bit over 2 years now and even though I paid an arm and a leg for them, nothing I've ever had previously compares.

Then again, since you seem to have trouble holding onto them, maybe look at a middle way instead of going all out or buying garbage.
Floorfiller
i never really liked oakleys...they just seem kinda kiddy to me...just go to a nice sunglass hut and find some sunglasses that say...look at me...i'm cooler than you...
Mystre
i own 2 pairs of oakleys black iridium polarized 20s and scars with fire lenses. both have great clarity and reduce glare, imitation oakley suck they horrible. you can get cheap sunglasses with 100% uv portection for cheap but they wont have clarity or glare reduction of oakleys. Ive had my oakleys for 4 years and havent lost em, I always put in my pocket or on my head facing backwards, i never put them down in restraunts.I love my oakleys dont liek goin outside with out em. Oakleys are good but im sure u can get other quality sunglasses for cheaper, oakley sell their sunglasses for a lot just casuee they can
Ian^
I'm buying a nice pair on holiday in late april/may as they're cheaper than at home, plus with uk weather u barely need them here :haha:

Out of interest, and im not going to, does anyone even buy from those African guys with the 'real fakes' :tongue2
mezzir
if you can't hold onto them, buy like 30 dollar ones at EMS or something
i got a pair for about 30 bucks a year and a half ago and they're still in one piece
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement