return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

techie help
View this Thread in Original format
KilldaDJ
right i need some help with my mobo...

i got a asrock k7vt2 mobo with onboard sound
i also got another 3d sound card which is some c-media pci 3d sound card (i bought it and installed it anyway as i thought the onboard sound wouldnt work for me for some reason or another)

anyway, i installed my pci sound card and well my pc is stable with that...

then a few days on...i got cocky and wanted to enable the onboard ac'97 sound on the mobo...so i did it (went thru the bios to enable it and stuff)

got into windows, it detected it and , so it showed up as 2 sound devices in multimedia and both work fine.

then the problems started to arise...

my system seems to be unstable if i have the onboard sound enabled...it would present me with blue screens of death and ...every hour or 45 minutes from boot.

i managed to get a code...

OD 228F:00000A23 was one of them, no idea wtf it means, all i know is that its some memory allocation and thats where the error occured.

my system only crashes when the onboard sound is enabled. tends to crash for no reason, its like a time bomb sorta thing.

i disable the onboard sound and just use the pci card and my system is fine, no BSODS etc.

it only happens when the onboard sound is enabled...

any info? or help?
Matt Jay
Could they both be using the same IRQ address?
smokeape
I think that running two sound devices would be inherently unstable at some point. Looks like you already reached it.

{{{smoke}}}
KilldaDJ
im on xp now...98 died due to a bad partition or overclocking issue... :(

system doesnt seem to crash much now...but thanks for the help anyway :)

i ing hate xp.
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by KilldaDJ
im on xp now...98 died due to a bad partition or overclocking issue... :(

system doesnt seem to crash much now...but thanks for the help anyway :)

i ing hate xp.

Prob IRQ issue- XP handles it much better than 98 does.
I have 2 soundcards in my computer with xp and it works fine.
I have an Audigy and the onlboard AC one as well.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement