return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Don't even THINK about sellin' those vibrators in Texas!
View this Thread in Original format
MisterOpus1
Did someone call in Chuck Norris, the Texas Ranger for this?:

quote:
Woman's sex toy parties incur the wrath of Texas
By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
22 January 2004

Joanne Webb does not immediately come across as a menace to society. She is a 43-year-old happily married housewife who runs her own business in a small town near Dallas.

Recently, though, the authorities in Cleburne, Texas, learned exactly what it was she did for a living - selling vibrators, gels, lubricants and nipple creams at confidential Tupperware-style parties - and decided she had to be stopped at all costs.

Two undercover narcotics investigatorsapproached Ms Webb to purchase a vibrator and she was hauled into court on an obscure state obscenity law banning the sale of items "designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs".

Facing a year in prison and a $4,000 (£2,180) fine if convicted, Ms Webb has now become a legal cause célèbre. "We have a real problem with drugs in our schools," Ms Webb marvelled, "and they're using our narcotics officers to entrap me for selling a vibrator".

Sex toy parties are all the rage across the United States, largely thanks to the California-based company that Ms Webb represents, called Passion Parties. She, like an estimated 3,000 other women, sets up discreet private events to push the company's product line and earning a living from the sales commissions.

Ms Webb's lawyers hope to have her case thrown out on constitutional grounds.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world...sp?story=483483
DarkAngel
What the .

Hmph. Goes to show you what kinda horse laws Texas has. What next, ban lap dancing!?

Get a life, you miserable 10-gallon hat wearing MORONS!

Oh....

And....Have a psychotic day. :whip: :disbelief
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
What the .

Hmph. Goes to show you what kinda horse laws Texas has. What next, ban lap dancing!?

Oh....

And....Have a psychotic day. :whip: :disbelief

are you refering to that law in LA about no lap dances.

wierd states....
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
are you refering to that law in LA about no lap dances.

wierd states....

You know, I heard about that, and totally forgot about it. Thx for the correction. :)

Yet another reason not to go to that dump. Especially to South Central without a few of these:
RenderedDream
after reading this i realized i underestimated the american's stupidity..
jinxed84
lol i know someone who is going to one of these parties. maybe i should tell her to watch out for the narcs. totally ridiculous
RenderedDream
why the hell are vibrator's forbidden there?
i have this theory..women were prefering vibrators than those fat ugly politicians..so they made up this..."law"..
{b.s.e.}
Bwahaha, lapdance = 10 bucks here
smokeape
We already covered vibrators in the other forum.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=155452

Lol!
[[[smoke]]]
PHALPAX
ahhh yes, federalism at its best:p

The courts will most likely rule in her favor, striking down the law....Texas and their crazy laws!:toothless

ezbeats
i am from texas, it has a great party and rave scene, though the law has cracked down on it there quite a bit, next to california it has the best rave scene in america... but besides the point..
quote:

childish comment # 1, you are a real nit-wit to think texans wear 10-gallon hats, and yeah ill have a 'psychotic day'... moron :stongue:

quote:
wierd states....

indeed, but if you look into the states laws there are many outdates usually non-practiced laws that make absolutely no sense, this law is one of the more reasonable ones actually...

quote:
after reading this i realized i underestimated the american's stupidity..

childish comment # 2, only proves your ignorance further

quote:
The courts will most likely rule in her favor, striking down the law....Texas and their crazy laws!

yeah probably, texas has harsh laws and law enforcment... you are tried as an adult at 17 in texas, that sucks ass, i was arrested 2 months after i turned 17 there for pot... oh well you live and you learn.

how old are most of you guys? the comments you made make you sound like a bunch of jaded ass 16 year olds. grow up?? :rolleyes:

http://www.lawguru.com/weird/

go there to see strange funny u.s. laws, though keep in mind they are not usually practiced now days. they just kinda, forgot or ignore them i suppose.
failsafe
ezbeats: Aren't you mister texas pride. Home of the bush family, capital punishment, and "10 gallon hats". What a proud state.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement