return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida

Have you heard JAMES HOLDEN?
View this Thread in Original format
starstuff
Did any TAs get a chance to hear James Holden during his last US tour in December?

Any thoughts about his current sound and DJing? His Balance 05 album on EQ is supposed to be fantastic, but I always seem to get mixed reviews on his DJing.

To his credit he has produced excellent tracks 'Horizons', 'Nothing' etc.
arturob
heh.

have never heard james live. afaik he's been in miami only once? last wmc (2004) @ crobar.

i'd love to see him play, love his style a lot!

horizons is a top tune! classic. as well his remix of accadia and pistolwhip!

greetz,

xxx arturo
Vero
so tru art, that arcadia mix is awesome. i woudl love to see him live, i have heard a few of hit sets, and they are great.
vtec junkie
I seen Holden @ Glow in Demember. His mixing skills are not "Top Notch" but his track selection is sick and so are his productions.
SlackerBoy9
quote:
Originally posted by starstuff
Did any TAs get a chance to hear James Holden during his last US tour in December?

Any thoughts about his current sound and DJing? His Balance 05 album on EQ is supposed to be fantastic, but I always seem to get mixed reviews on his DJing.

To his credit he has produced excellent tracks 'Horizons', 'Nothing' etc.

Balance 5 was probably the best out of the series,although i think fear of a silver planet was overall a better mix cd.Balance 05 bounced around alot of different styles but is definitely worth buying or downloading off soulseeek if you want a dodgy copy.As for his production what can i say its been bloody brilliant especially with tracks like "nothing" and "A Break In The Sky".Been alot of top notch progressive tracks coming out on his Border Community Label that are worth checking out.
tennessee_raver
James Holden - Border Community Night @ Mazzo, Amsterdam (10-31-2003)

:crazy:
daffodil
quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
I seen Holden @ Glow in Demember. His mixing skills are not "Top Notch" but his track selection is sick and so are his productions.

same here. erin (tranceyes22) was there too. and i'll agree about his mixing and track selection. on a funny note, my friend and i were talking to him and she accused him of not being james holden. he was whipping out his credit cards and ID to prove it to her and she insisted on seeing a passport.
vtec junkie
quote:
Originally posted by daffodil
same here. erin (tranceyes22) was there too. and i'll agree about his mixing and track selection. on a funny note, my friend and i were talking to him and she accused him of not being james holden. he was whipping out his credit cards and ID to prove it to her and she insisted on seeing a passport.

daff.....i remember Erin telling me that story. I remember being wasted and walking outside of Glow and the streets were covered in snow so we started throwing snow balls at this limo and some big dude got out of the limo and started yelling at us so i threw one at him too.:haha:
daffodil
quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
daff.....i remember Erin telling me that story. I remember being wasted and walking outside of Glow and the streets were covered in snow so we started throwing snow balls at this limo and some big dude got out of the limo and started yelling at us so i threw one at him too.:haha:

hahaha, i remember walking outside and there was snow and i was wearing open-toed shoes. then it took 3 hours to get back to richmond and i wanted to shoot myself in the face. nice work with the snowballs ;)
vtec junkie
quote:
Originally posted by daffodil
hahaha, i remember walking outside and there was snow and i was wearing open-toed shoes. then it took 3 hours to get back to richmond and i wanted to shoot myself in the face. nice work with the snowballs ;)

WoW....that sucks but i dont feel bad. The next day, it took me almost 7 hours to drive back to Pittsburgh:whip: On the turnpike...there was atleast 100 - 150 cars in the ditch!!!:nervous:

Tranz
Heh

I saw Holden on a Wednesday nite in Philly.

Heh:wtf:

He ripped it.

He dropped his new track.

He played some sick prog.

Alot of mixing & effects, which were spot on.

SOLO-D1
Heh

I'll see him freb. 28th in chicago

Heh :wtf:

:stongue:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement