return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida

Ouch.
View this Thread in Original format
Harmonic
I had a tooth pulled yesterday. So far I'm doing ok. Doc says I can't smoke or drink caffine. No nicotine? No caffine? I'm kinda goin crazy here! It should only be a few days though... don't want dry socket... don't want dry socket... don't want dry socket. :nervous:
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Harmonic
I had a tooth pulled yesterday. So far I'm doing ok. Doc says I can't smoke or drink caffine. No nicotine? No caffine? I'm kinda goin crazy here! It should only be a few days though... don't want dry socket... don't want dry socket... don't want dry socket. :nervous:

? What's a dry socket? Second, you shoulda asked the dentist for some vicodin. Does wonders for tooth pain.
Harmonic
quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
? What's a dry socket? Second, you shoulda asked the dentist for some vicodin. Does wonders for tooth pain.

Dry socket is when your gums don't heal right and air hits the bone. I have heard that its 3 times as bad as your worst toothache. You have a higher chance to get dry socket if you smoke or drink caffine.

Vicodin? I really don't like pain pills. Advil and Tylenol for me. Makes me all dissy.
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Harmonic
Dry socket is when your gums don't heal right and air hits the bone. I have heard that its 3 times as bad as your worst toothache. You have a higher chance to get dry socket if you smoke or drink caffine.

Vicodin? I really don't like pain pills. Advil and Tylenol for me. Makes me all dissy.

Jesus, dry socket sounds extremely painful. Vicodins are good, man. They make me very, very mellow and (SUPER SHOCK here for all of FLTA) they make me 150% SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE. :eek: :haha:

For the record, FLTA, I wasn't on them on 11/22/03 @ Space...
If I had taken them that night, I would have passed out sooner. :p
GQMr2
Dry socket occurs when the blood clot that forms in the socket, or the place where your tooth was, is dislodged and falls out causing exposed jaw bone to hit air. Remember when you skid your knee and you blew on it the air would make it sting? well imagine braking your leg and having a piece of bone sticking out and you trying to blow air on it! thats what it feels like you get dry socket. also, if you get dry socket its pain CAN'T be dulled by pain-meds aka vicodin etc. you HAVE to have medicine placed directly on the bone to cover and heal the area. this blood clot can be accidentally pulled out of its place by spitting, drinking through a straw, and smoking to name the top 3.

for those scoring at home:
Yes, I do need to go to dental school..
Zewad
2 points for Emil, and a bounus +2 b/c he drives a fat caddy
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement