return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

lil gaming humor, and sadness at the same time
View this Thread in Original format
mezzir
I was giving my friend a ride home today and we go on a semi-developed road, 40mph the whole way cept by the area with the church and library, its all residential but not heavily developed.
so we saw a cop going the other way and i was like 'woah, a cop' cause we pretty much never see them around there
and he says 'yeah, i haven't seen one around here in ages, one thats not camping at least'
and it was fine for a second, then i realized he had just used counterstrike slang to apply to a real life situation, and i pointed it out and we shared a good laugh
and the funny thing is that it was funny he was saying it but i'd probably call it the same thing even though i haven't played counterstrike in a year or so
{b.s.e.}
Camping is a product of Quake, sir. Don't forget your roots. :D
Streakfury
So you come out of it having a good laugh... where's the sadness??

:)
Spin Doctor
quote:
Originally posted by {b.s.e.}

Best game ever! Apart form American McGee’s Alice.
SuperFarStucker
quote:
I'm raising the bull flag on that one. I'd say it originates from MUDs without doing any research into it. I'm almost certain they predate quake by a fair margin :)
{b.s.e.}
quote:
Originally posted by SuperFarStucker
I'm raising the bull flag on that one. I'd say it originates from MUDs without doing any research into it. I'm almost certain they predate quake by a fair margin :)

I bet it originates from spending time out in the wilderness. :thepirate

quake still owns you. quake 2 instagib, specifically.
Alccode
quote:
Originally posted by Spin Doctor

American McGee’s Alice.

Hear, hear! Talk about a game with atmosphere and style.
OrZonE
quote:
quake still owns you. quake 2 instagib, specifically.

That it does indeed
mezzir
dag
i'd bust out my ill gaming roots but you can't really make a case for camping originating in zork :p

the thief's camping in the maze, i can't get through that....one passage...that i can avoid.....
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement